To think that people can actually move

(10 Posts)
zoeymlucas Mon 28-Mar-16 22:08:19

Have just had a rather large go at DH as I am sick to the death of people sitting on there arse and calling me when I am doing something (normally housework or study) for something unimportant. They can either A) get up and come speak to me B) wait till I come back in the room C) think for them selfs as they are bloody able.
DH said I am out of order and being nasty but it's the 3rd time in 30 mins and to find out the date we go away in June to tell work bearing in mind he is off tomorrow so it wasn't need to know this second screaming like an idiot for me important as he made out! I also have 3 kids that do this is it too much to ask that people stop screaming and actually move just once in a while

CalleighDoodle Mon 28-Mar-16 22:16:30

'I cant hear you properly through the walls. Come here.' Then silence.

waffilyversati1e Mon 28-Mar-16 22:17:12

Just stop replying.

waffilyversati1e Mon 28-Mar-16 22:17:58

CalleighDoodle we are on the same page lol

CalleighDoodle Mon 28-Mar-16 22:23:43

Op is not replying. Good. Get practising. grin

Tartsamazeballs Mon 28-Mar-16 22:24:25

Ignore any questions you can't quite hear and just say something like "Oh sorry I didn't hear you calling as you were in the other room, come to me next time" when DH chases you up. Or tell him to text you grin

Armi Mon 28-Mar-16 22:28:01

Leave it until you've finished what you were doing, then ask, vaguely, 'Did you say something?'

Ed1tY0urPr0f1le Mon 28-Mar-16 23:48:39

YA Soooooooooooooooo NBU!!!!

Dire emergencies excepted, the person who wants help with something goes to find the other person. That's the natural order of things unless the person who wants help with something is two years old (and even then...!)

Waiting for someone to enter a room and then asking for things (drinks etc) which you are perfectly capable of getting for themselves in a "while you're on your feet..." way is also not to be tolerated!

Seriously, screaming for you is not on. Either he thinks his time and whatever he is doing is more important than yours or he's being a lazy arse. Tell him neither is a turn on!

lertgush Tue 29-Mar-16 01:44:23

I don't answer questions from people unless they're in the same room as me. This goes for children, parents, husband... Everyone.

VimFuego101 Tue 29-Mar-16 01:46:01

Get some giant headphones and ignore them unless they're standing in front of you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now