AIBU to think that it is deemed socially unacceptable to post anything on facebook

(3 Posts)
Flamingflume Sun 27-Mar-16 11:03:59

After seeing so many posts on here judging how people use Facebook, I am wondering if there is actually anything acceptable to post on the site that isn't, according to some, bragging, seeking attention, stalking, boring etc.

I mean, if you bump into a friend walking down the street, you might ask how they are or what they've been up to. The friend might then mention that they have been on holiday, or that you had a nice meal at x restaurant last night. I would hope the friend would be happy, interested and not respond negatively.

MattDillonsPants Sun 27-Mar-16 11:25:02

It's HOW it's done. So...the following is irritating

"Just checking into X Hotel...oooh 5 Star treatment for me and DH tonight! Look at our dinner!"

Whilst the following not so much.

"Really looking forward to a nice weekend away in Manchester....hoping to see X Exhibition and maybe catch up with Tom Smith!"

That's because the first is nothing but swanking...whilst the second is specific.

Flamingflume Sun 27-Mar-16 11:26:58

is the later not a stealth boast though, according to facebook users?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now