to be annoyed at my body?

(5 Posts)
Faye12345 Sat 26-Mar-16 09:34:41

Been off pill 6 months in that time had 2 periods. Gap between periods 50 to 67 days. Went to gp who sent me for a scan that showed increased ovarian volume and pco. Had blood tests and results due after Easter. Am annoyed and shocked that i have pco and my body doesnt seem to want to work!

BillSykesDog Sat 26-Mar-16 09:54:58

I also have it. It's horrible finding out. Are you actively ttc?

There is a really good, supportive forum for PCOS here that I highly recommend.

forum.verity-pcos.org.uk

Faye12345 Sat 26-Mar-16 10:02:52

Hi were ttc yes but not happening. Gp said its nothing to overly worry about and swollen ovaries can happen with ovulation erm doubtful! Im slim no acne and little body hair

BillSykesDog Sat 26-Mar-16 10:10:29

Have you tried using ovulation kits to see if you were ovulating? Negative tests were the first sign of a problem for me. I was also slim with little body hair at diagnosis.

Lots of people with PCOS do conceive naturally. I found that a diet which helped with insulin resistance was helpful for symptoms, anti-candida diets in particular.

I wasn't lucky ttc naturally but had one first go IUI and am currently expecting 2 and 3 from IVF first try too. smile

You can normally ask for a referral to assisted conception after 12 months. You can speed that up by asking for a referral to gynae for investigation now though, because they normally make you go through gynae before being referred on for fertility treatment anyway.

Faye12345 Sat 26-Mar-16 10:16:28

Last strong opk was December and i got a period two weeks later. Seems forever ago im back at gp Thursday for more delaying tactics lol. I had a scan three years ago that showed everything was normal so this is a shock!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now