What is wrong with me why do I suddenly want to eat crap??

(12 Posts)
worriedwalrus Fri 25-Mar-16 22:48:37

Been eating healthy since the new year, all good. Have not felt deprived or anythig until now, when I am dying for a takeaway. Don't want to pay much $ though so won't be having one, but wondering what else would hit the spot. I'm thinking crisp sandwich, if I go out to buy crisps and bread.

Whats going on AIBU to suddenly fall off the wagon and want to eat crap for no reason? Or is it a sign my body is craving all the goodness in white bread and crisps and I should just go with it grin

WorraLiberty Fri 25-Mar-16 22:51:47

Just go with it. A little bit of what you fancy and all that.

Not sure I could be arsed to go out this time of night though, do you have any crap in?

Maybe you're craving salt?

CantChoose Fri 25-Mar-16 22:52:06

Eek, you've done so well! Could you buy a supermarket ready meal takeaway? Cheaper and usually less calorific...

Cantchangeusernameback Fri 25-Mar-16 22:53:03

With me it's usually because period due or I'm over-tired.

NeedMoreSleepOrSugar Fri 25-Mar-16 22:53:41

I'm in the 'a little bit of what you fancy does no harm' camp when it comes to healthy eating. -Crisp sandwiches are gorgeous too, so YANBU to give yourself a little treat.

YABU to mention crisp sandwiches though - now I want one too!

NotQuiteSoOnEdge Fri 25-Mar-16 22:56:24

Well, when this happened to me (I found myself in a Wimpy at 10pm, totally out of character) it turned out I was pregnant.

I swear I have never in all my life eaten so many McDonald's etc as I did in those first 12 weeks. It was weird!

Sheezus Fri 25-Mar-16 22:58:50

I eat well, exercise etc.
This week has been so messed up. DH even asked me what I was doing! The crap I've been eating is beyond a joke.
My period arrived a whole week early and I realised I've been stressing over lots of little things. Nothing major on their own but my god, things have mounted up.

I have had the gross stuff. It made me feel gross but I needed to do it. Tomorrow is a new day.

WorraLiberty Fri 25-Mar-16 23:06:40

Dare I ask what 'the gross stuff' is? shock

I'm thinking deep fried pig's testicles or something grin

WhitePhantom Fri 25-Mar-16 23:07:02

Yep, sounds like period due - always turns me into a crap-craving-savage grin

Sheezus Sat 26-Mar-16 00:08:47

Worra,
The gross stuff for me has been, Pringles, (I eat the odd crisp or Taytos but Pringles are a massive low!) M&m's and toast. Loads of toast.

Sheezus Sat 26-Mar-16 00:10:15

I could do a deep fried pigs ball at the moment.
If it had butter.

oldlaundbooth Sat 26-Mar-16 00:12:03

That's not that bad, OP, just treat yourself.

I eat well 80% of the time : but if there's brownies at work I'm gonna eat one. I'm not a flipping saint.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now