AIBU to think my neighbour is messing with me? or am I going insane?

(7 Posts)
WoopWoop200 Thu 24-Mar-16 21:09:22

Please be kind. I already think i am going nuts.

Until about 6 months ago, my neighbour- Lets call her Julie- would dump her kid on me daily, i'd entertain her, feed her and take her on days out. I am not a mean person and I would never leave a child out. But this woman was blatantly taking advantage of me and i didn't know how to handle it as i didn't want their to be any animosity. Anyway, her kid kept bullying mine and I tried to address it but the neighbour wouldn't hear it so i distanced myself. She didn't like it. She damages some stuff, some harsh words were exchanged and we stopped speaking. It was actually lovely not to have her in my life anymore.
Fast forward to 6 months later, Julie is also the cleaner of the block of flats where we live. She hasn't been doing her job properly or regularly for months and is still putting in invoices to get paid. I notify the right people as i'm sick of her dogs muddy prints in front of my door. Julie gets her knickers in a twist causes a massive hoo haa and tries to make me look like i am a liar and makes it personal. But i have pictures as evidence that she isn't doing her job. So she shuts up.
Julie is meant to clean every Friday, she did not do it last Friday and she did not sign the rota on the notice board. So yesterday, her payment gets cancelled. So today she cleans and signs for both today and last Friday. I speak to a neighbour in the next block and he says she did clean last Friday in his block. I am 100% sure she did not clean our block.
The week after she got told to do her job properly, she slammed the door pretty hard as if to make a point that she was cleaning and refused to look at me. Then yesterday she's all "Hi, you ok" when i bump into her.

So to conclude, I think she is purposefully messing with me to make me look like a liar. I pay £125 per month to a maintenance company so things like cleaning, gardening, repairs get done. I cannot stress enough that this wasn't a personal issue with her as a neighbour. I don't care who does the cleaning as long as it is done properly. I am genuinely happy to not have this person in my life.

AIBU to think she is messing with me? AIBU to expect her to just do her job?

oldlaundbooth Thu 24-Mar-16 21:12:22

What rota? Where do you live?

araiba Thu 24-Mar-16 21:12:32

i think you need a hobby or something to spend your time on

WoopWoop200 Thu 24-Mar-16 21:18:16

I have 2 jobs and kids. So would love a hobby...
We are looking to sell where we live and dirty hallways don't help to explain what £125 per month goes on if it looks a mess

WoopWoop200 Thu 24-Mar-16 21:23:12

In a block of flats. The cleaner signs a sheet (rota is the only word i can think of for it) to say when and what was cleaned.

oldlaundbooth Thu 24-Mar-16 21:24:23

She's taking the proverbial.

SweetieDrops Thu 24-Mar-16 21:25:27

YANBU to keep reporting her if she is falsely claiming for work she hasn't done.

Don't get into a discussion with her or other neighbours about it though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now