Help waters have gone!39 weeks pregnant

(26 Posts)
Sunshine87 Tue 22-Mar-16 01:07:12

Posted for traffic. Currently39 weeks pregnant due good friday. My waters have gone tonight can i wait till the morning before ringing mw. Pains have been on off. Don't want to distrub DC.

raspberryrippleicecream Tue 22-Mar-16 01:10:11

I wouldn't wait. My waters went at midnight with no pains and I'd had DC3 by 5 am. How far are you from the hospital?

BearGryllsHasaBigRope Tue 22-Mar-16 01:10:14

I'd ring them if I were you, so they're aware of your situation, but when this happened to me I said I'd rather stay home until the morning due to older dc, and the midwives were fine with that.
Hope labour goes quickly for you smile

CantChoose Tue 22-Mar-16 01:11:33

Phone smile then they can advise. Congratulations in advance :D

Sunshine87 Tue 22-Mar-16 01:12:27

10mins but we would have to wait for a sitter to come to watch the children if we were to go into hospital. This is my third baby.

LucyMouse Tue 22-Mar-16 01:13:12

I was told to ring my hospital when my waters broke just to make them aware. Have you got a babysitter? You should ring them too so that they are on standby, incase things start to progress quickly.
Hope it all goes well!

Monstertrucker Tue 22-Mar-16 01:14:41

Give them a call - most likely they'll just give you some advice and make a note on your records. Also gives them a heads up you'll be calling back ☺ Good luck!

MissElizaBennett Tue 22-Mar-16 01:16:33

How exciting! smile

My waters went first too (38+1 weeks), in the middle of the night, and as they were a clear straw colour (no meconium), I waited till my contractions had started in earnest to call the midwife. Didn't take long - DS arrived just 4 hours later!

Good luck - and enjoy those new baby snuggles soon flowers

Alasalas2 Tue 22-Mar-16 01:33:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WishToBeWell Tue 22-Mar-16 01:44:09

Third babies ZOOM out - ring the hospital and the sitter ASAP. And huge congrats, keep us posted for when you have given birth before we all wake up flowers

Nocoffeenouppee Tue 22-Mar-16 01:44:33

You need to ring them. My waters went first with both pregnancies. 3 hours from rupture to delivery with the second!

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Tue 22-Mar-16 02:07:00

Brilliant news. Very excited for you. Keep us posted with everything, labour progression, gender, weight name ect.
And if it's not too cheeky. Can we have a pic.
Xx

trufflesnout Tue 22-Mar-16 02:36:25

Also pls update with their chosen career path, what genre of cinema they prefer, what they think about Brexit/Bremain, and also their opinion on BBC 3 moving to online only.

grin

Good luck OP!

allowlsthinkalot Tue 22-Mar-16 07:59:54

My third baby didn't fly out, took all weekend!!

I had a home birth and was told to ring if waters broke so they knew what was happening but wait until contractions started in earnest before calling the midwife out.

Exciting times! Good luck!

Sunshine87 Tue 22-Mar-16 08:20:07

Got told they think its not my water even tho i've been wet hmm i've been wet down below without a doubt. Waters wer completely with DD and was only discovered during labour.

Baby has decided to lay back to back explains my werid pains and severe back pain so in a very uncomfortable position.😣

QueenArseClangers Tue 22-Mar-16 10:16:42

Get on the Spinning Babies website for positions to turn baby.
I've always found 1st labours- slow, 2nd labours fast and 3rd labours an unknown quantity!
Have they assessed you over the phone? Do you have a birthing ball? flowers

QueenArseClangers Tue 22-Mar-16 10:19:46

spinningbabies.com/start/in-labor/what-to-do-when-in-labor/

DreamFever Tue 22-Mar-16 10:31:03

Did they examine you OP?

My waters went at 33 weeks with DS1. Large quantities of fluid so not much doubt as far as I was concerned. I didn't realise you were meant to save pads soaked with waters for the MW so chucked them before we went to the hospital.

The MW I saw insisted that I must have wet myself until the doctor examined me and more amniotic fluid came out.

Sunshine87 Tue 22-Mar-16 10:32:07

I went up to the hospital. I have been sat on my birthing bath. Il check the website out thankyou ☺xx

Sunshine87 Tue 22-Mar-16 10:35:36

Yeah they did but she did say it could still be slowly coming on if hes positioned awkard but on an internal couldnt see any waters.. i definately had a nap and woke up wet.

QueenArseClangers Tue 22-Mar-16 11:17:02

If you're having pains on and off and want to get things more regular (to prevent augmentation of labour if your fluids have gone) then a breast pump is brilliant.
15 mins each side then 15 mins rest. After contracting for 2 weeks with dc5 (kept tapering off) an evening on the birthing ball with breastpump ended up with baby a few hours later grin

Cutecat78 Tue 22-Mar-16 11:21:16

My third took an hour and a half (and I nipped to Asda to do my shop in that time too!) grin

Good luck smile

Sunshine87 Tue 22-Mar-16 11:35:59

I'l have to give it ago queens i just want to get going. The paina arent normal labour pains. Its all lower pelvis and lower back.

Sunshine87 Tue 22-Mar-16 11:36:52

Cutecat i only wish my labours were quick. Mine are painfully slow x

QueenArseClangers Tue 22-Mar-16 12:48:19

Aaaaw, you poor love.
Honestly though, the breast pump thing is marvellous! Proper big contractions after a while. Best off with a 'leccy one though. Get yourself on your ball, kids occupied and out the way and something good on telly.
Sending you good luck shamrock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now