Goady fuckers on threads...

(190 Posts)
Lambrini Mon 21-Mar-16 21:54:06

Aibu to think there's always one?

Constructive criticism, great, advice, brilliant, strong opinions, also great for getting a new perspective on situations.... But, goady fuckers, a different kettle of fish entirely, example...

Op - DD's rabbit died last week, she's very sad.

I'm not sure whether to get another rabbit when she's ready or perhaps a Guinea pig instead?

Goader - It sounds to me like you're not particularly good at looking after animals. In fact I'd say you probably shouldn't be allowed to have pets. I feel sorry for your DD.

YouTheCat Mon 21-Mar-16 21:58:26

Utter twats with too much time on their hands, no matter how much they protest that they work 75 hours a week, care for an elderly relative and have 4 under 5 years old.

katemiddletonsothermum Mon 21-Mar-16 22:01:47

OP I think you have deep rooted issues here, not least because of your nickname. You obviously need anger management and a session at AA.

And your feet smell.

NeedACleverNN Mon 21-Mar-16 22:01:58

Well you are totally out of order posting this!

I mean all I did was offer helpful advice

winkgrin

Yanbu

They are a pita

katemiddletonsothermum Mon 21-Mar-16 22:02:14

No offence.

katemiddletonsothermum Mon 21-Mar-16 22:03:19

I'm sorry if you're upset that I think you're a twunt because I imagine that you think I'm a goady fucker.

Lambrini Mon 21-Mar-16 22:06:47

gringringrin

Lambrini Mon 21-Mar-16 22:08:54

Usually I spot them a mile off and it's fine, a slight hmm moment then inwardly chuckle/roll eyes and move on.

It's when it's a thread about something very personal or very upsetting that it makes me cross.

PurpleDaisies Mon 21-Mar-16 22:11:36

Guinea pigs are brilliant pets. Definitely get some. 🐹
<misses point of thread>

DrAmandaBentley Mon 21-Mar-16 22:14:31

I'm a big fan of the strong team of MN 'armchair detectives'.

My most recent favourite was the mum who complained about her son's haircut, and the person who then Googled the shop, and accused her of lying as there was no website for it.

Tottyandmarchpane1 Mon 21-Mar-16 22:16:03

Loads at the moment, as I said on a thread earlier today, it's just So BORING, others pile in and it often derails what is otherwise an interesting/helpful thread.

elephantoverthehill Mon 21-Mar-16 22:20:08

Do you feel you need to share this? Could you perhaps try mindfulness? I feel your angst and want to help you overcome your worries. Yoga is also very good for the soul. Have you had a burial for the rabbit? I find that adds closure for the DD's.

ClopySow Mon 21-Mar-16 22:20:12

I think there should be a goady fucker thread, if not a whole section so they can all goad the fuck out of each other until they implode.

Off to suggest it on site stuff.

Cutecat78 Mon 21-Mar-16 22:21:07

YADNBU

I had some on a thread last week - it was ridiculous and upsetting.

Sometimes I feel people try and goad you to reveal every minute detail of your life, outing yourself when none of those details are relevant to your thread.

ouryve Mon 21-Mar-16 22:23:35

Guinea pigs are such fucking attention seekers. It's all meep meep meep with them.

And don't they ever brush their hair?

PurpleDaisies Mon 21-Mar-16 22:24:42

They do keep your lawn trimmed though. smile

Sunnybitch Mon 21-Mar-16 22:25:38

I'd love to know if they would say shit like that to people in real life you could bet your ass the weasels would'nt have the fucking back bone hmm

usual Mon 21-Mar-16 22:25:44

Going against the grain of a thread doesn't always mean you are a goady fucker.

Lambrini Mon 21-Mar-16 22:25:52

Best policy I've learnt over the years is just to ignore... They appear to want attention and if ignored will slink off to try and goad someone else..

ClopySow Mon 21-Mar-16 22:27:38

There's a huge difference between going against the grain and goading though

CosyNook Mon 21-Mar-16 22:27:42

Aibu to think there's always one?

No, there are several.

elephantoverthehill Mon 21-Mar-16 22:28:23

I just don't believe this thread. A rabbit has died, a child is upset and all you want to do is talk about guinea pigs!

katemiddletonsothermum Mon 21-Mar-16 22:28:28

It's your diet that's at fault. You eat too much sugar. You'll find that all sorts of things are suddenly so much better when you cut out carbs and increase your probiotics. And your rabbit died because you fed it rabbit food and not organic vietnamese seaweed. In a smoothie with flaxseed.

YouTheCat Mon 21-Mar-16 22:29:00

True, usual. I've been known to go against the general consensus, especially if I think the OP is getting an unnecessary kicking. A goady fucker is like a dog with a bone though and will make a thread all about them, to the point the OP is forgotten.

I've seen a few this week who think they are god's gift to parenting.

BillSykesDog Mon 21-Mar-16 22:29:23

It depends though. I find that there are quite a few posters who regardless of the content of the actual thread always just pile in and tell the OP that they are absolutely 100% in the right because they think that's being nice and kind and supportive regardless of the fact it's terrible advice.

Sometimes it's actually much kinder to tell someone they're being a dick than to give them a false sense of righteousness and send them back out to RL to make their situation even worse by encouraging even greater levels of twatiness.

But I do think it's possible normally to tell the difference between someone in genuine distress and someone who's just moaning. And obviously the former should be treated more sensitively.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now