Has this woman lost the plot?

(49 Posts)
Jinglebells99 Mon 21-Mar-16 15:54:29

A woman from a club I go to, announces to us all that she is having a party for all her friends and family before she goes on an extended trip. We all think oh that's lovely. . In the next breathe she asks if any of us would come and wait in the back kitchen to serve teas and coffees for her friends and family for four hours, and not to worry, as we wouldn't need to make any sandwiches. Is it me, or is this rude? Basically inferring we are not good enough friends to attend said party but can act as her minions!

OurBlanche Mon 21-Mar-16 15:56:11

Fuuuuuuuuck........

Sorry... my brain is refusing to provide any other reaction to that!

Roseberrry Mon 21-Mar-16 15:56:57

shock
That is really quite rude! What did you reply with?

CantWaitForWarmWeather Mon 21-Mar-16 15:57:43

Wow how cheeky!
How about she hires someone instead?

RuggerHug Mon 21-Mar-16 15:57:55

Please, PLEASE tell me at least one of you burst out laughing in her face at it and that you weren't all in shocked silence. Please.

Glitterspy Mon 21-Mar-16 15:58:12

Is the club a tea-and-coffee-making enthusiasts club? If not then yes, rude.

Pinkheart5915 Mon 21-Mar-16 15:58:29

It is rude.
Seriously asking you to serve tea and coffee who does she think she is

CosyNook Mon 21-Mar-16 15:58:40

cheeky mere

InternationalHouseofToast Mon 21-Mar-16 15:59:00

Is she intending on paying you?

I'd be giving her your hourly rates for providing kitchen staff at this event. Bloody cheek.

Beefles Mon 21-Mar-16 15:59:51

Say, "Of course! I'll email you my rates of pay" or somethin and make sure you overprice it to something ridiculous Like £400 just for you to do the day. She'll soon decline and realise she's being a prize jeb.

Hourchange Mon 21-Mar-16 16:01:32

How marvellously inappropriate! I'd ask her if she wants you to wear some kind of uniform to show you are staff - perhaps a black dress and starched white pinafore?

curren Mon 21-Mar-16 16:02:12

Some one you know asked you to be unpaid help at her party.

A party that she is throwing because she is going on holiday?

TaliZorahVasNormandy Mon 21-Mar-16 16:02:16

The words, fuck and that, spring to mind here.

So yeah, FUCK THAT!

KatharinaRosalie Mon 21-Mar-16 16:02:55

is she related to Gluezilla?
(the woman who didn't invite a friend to her wedding, but expected the friend to decorate the wedding venue for free)

Jinglebells99 Mon 21-Mar-16 16:02:59

We were all gob smacked at the time. A couple of lovely kind people murmured enthusiastically. And someone suggested she asked again nearer the time. Party is in July. She then said she didn't want her family having to help out in the kitchen and had wondered who she could ask! I know her neighbour who is the kindest person I know, I hope she hasn't asked her as she is such a sweet helpful soul. I suggested we should agree, for a price of £10 an hour. Still reeling from the cheek!

IcingandSlicing Mon 21-Mar-16 16:03:37

That's weird.

momb Mon 21-Mar-16 16:04:47

She is Henny Penny isn't she?
So she'll ask everyone to help and anyone that volunteers gets invited to the party, for which she has arrange professional caterers and waiting staff.
It is a test of your love OP.
...or not...grin

pippistrelle Mon 21-Mar-16 16:06:57

That is so rude, it's funny. Is she usually so graceless?

8angle Mon 21-Mar-16 16:07:41

what was your reply to her? shockshock??

shazzarooney99 Mon 21-Mar-16 16:12:43

hilarious! hope you told her to feck off.

Thinnestofthinice Mon 21-Mar-16 16:13:51

Haha reminds me of 'Coming to America' when Lisa's dad 'invites' Akeem to his party grin

NewYearSameMe Mon 21-Mar-16 16:28:40

That's so incredibly cheeky, I don't know how you stopped yourself from laughing.

I think you should swap her some time. So she can do four hours helping you on the book stall at your church fete or helping to paint your front room and in return you will be her parlour maid for her party. Make sure that she does her hours for you first, so that you can match her level of effort and dedication.

scampimom Mon 21-Mar-16 16:45:02

wow. I mean....just wow.

BeetlebumShesAGun Mon 21-Mar-16 16:49:05

Ahahahaha!! Please keep us updated! I'm 39 weeks with DD2 and DD1 + DH have chosen this week to get stuck with a virus so in need of a laugh!

Tiggeryoubastard Mon 21-Mar-16 16:50:42

2 words - Mrs Overall

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now