Tescos cashier- Atchoo!

(101 Posts)
HormonalHeap Sun 20-Mar-16 14:35:29

As I started unloading my trolley, saw the boy on the till twice sneeze heavily into a tissue. Moved my stuff off saying sorry I can't afford to be ill right now. He seemed somewhat surprised.

Am I alone in thinking people who handle food shouldn't be allowed to do so with an obvious heavy viral infection?

VinceNoirLovesHowardMoon Sun 20-Mar-16 14:36:26

It's a cold! Precious much?

cardibach Sun 20-Mar-16 14:37:35

He's handling packaged food. As have many customers - do you want everyone with a cold banned from food shops? He sneezed into a tissue, not over the belt.

outputgap Sun 20-Mar-16 14:38:48

Well, he could do a quick rub with anti viral hand rub, eh? That would be nicer for everyone.

FayKorgasm Sun 20-Mar-16 14:39:20

Do what you want pet, not everyone can take time off for a cold.

2Offwhitecurtains Sun 20-Mar-16 14:40:41

I hate people at tills sniffling and snottering. You have to take their germ infested change off them too.

Passthecake30 Sun 20-Mar-16 14:40:43

I'm sure Tescos can't afford everyone who has a cold to be on paid sick leave? They could be removed from tills but then they could be sneezing all over the fresh bread/fish/veg or stacking shelves?

Saying that, I think yanbu for moving so long as you were nice about it...I've just had a nasty cold and extras for 9 weeks and I am avoiding visible germs as my immune system is shot to pieces.

Allyoucaneat Sun 20-Mar-16 14:40:48

He sneezed into a tissue, not all over your food. Yabu.

How do you know it's not an allergy sneeze?

WorraLiberty Sun 20-Mar-16 14:40:57

How did you cope with the trolley/basket handle?

Terribleknitter Sun 20-Mar-16 14:41:13

Most people I know have had almost permanent colds, coughs and bugs since October - should everyone isolate themselves just in case? It's the time of year and everyone you come into contact with will probably have something. This man has a job to do and was only trying to serve you. What do you suggest he did, my old manager would have laughed if I had said 'sorry I have a cold, I shouldn't go near any food today'.
YABU and unless it's a huge drip free about something important extremely precious.

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Sun 20-Mar-16 14:41:55

He sneezed twice?

Fuck me, that is savagely unwell.

What did the Plague Doctor say when you alerted him? Does Tesco now have a massive black cross painted on it's automatic doors and a man in black outside ringing a bell??

usual Sun 20-Mar-16 14:41:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ilovesooty Sun 20-Mar-16 14:42:08

I bet Tesco don't pay employees who are off with colds and they also don't need much excuse to lay employees off.

HormonalHeap Sun 20-Mar-16 14:42:20

I've just been in bed for 3 days had both kids off school with a cold and temp. Don't fancy another round. Maybe anti viral rub's the way to go then

HormonalHeap Sun 20-Mar-16 14:43:39

I'm laughing at your answers. I'll have to tame my preciousness then!

sugar21 Sun 20-Mar-16 14:44:07

grin KingJoffrey that is hilarious

bluespiral Sun 20-Mar-16 14:44:10

If you've been ill then I think you were selfish for going shopping yourself. Nobody wants to catch your germs off their trolley or next customer please sign.

Ridiculous isn't it

FayKorgasm Sun 20-Mar-16 14:44:18

Your hands probably have the same germs on them from handling the packets, trolley handle, touching your bag/purse.

usual Sun 20-Mar-16 14:44:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Terribleknitter Sun 20-Mar-16 14:45:26

OP I do know how you feel, we've had constant runny noses, viruses and temps for what seems like forever this year but it's just a case of getting through it. He wouldn't like it anymore than you do!

Sparklingbrook Sun 20-Mar-16 14:45:28

Maybe you are more suited to Tesco delivery. I think 'surprised' is probably not what he was feeling at all. probably 'WTF'.

AliceInUnderpants Sun 20-Mar-16 14:45:30

<snort>

That wasn't me laughing. That was my heavy viral infection. Obviously.

WorraLiberty Sun 20-Mar-16 14:45:32

Am I the only one who's mildly irritated by the thread title?

No idea why confused grin

HormonalHeap Sun 20-Mar-16 14:47:19

Now I'm really laughing and Bluespiral thanks for your concern all better now!

Oysterbabe Sun 20-Mar-16 14:47:24

I can guarantee at least 20 people had sneezed near everything in your basket. Half of them probably didn't even bother covering their mouth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now