Fucking Daily Mail

(15 Posts)
GloGirl Sat 19-Mar-16 14:39:26

I might write more words when I have calmed down.

Not a DM link! But you will still feel that slight dirtiness from reading it. Bastards.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/daily-mail-scolded-by-politicians-for-cleavage-spread-that-claimed-mps-parade-their-curves_uk_56ebf54be4b0fbd4fe07d866

GloGirl Sat 19-Mar-16 14:41:31

I could actually cry. How is that paper still in business let alone the most read news website in the world or whatever horrible statistic it is angry

Narp Sat 19-Mar-16 16:10:32

I know, I know sad

Misogynist rag

WorraLiberty Sat 19-Mar-16 16:14:46

I think it gets a huge part of its readership from MN to be honest.

I can never quite fathom why so many people read it, and then claim to hate it with a passion.

Weird.

CrossfireHurricane Sat 19-Mar-16 16:20:48

I never search or click on links to DM and my life is happier for it.
The only time I am aware of its presence is seeing links on mumsnet to be honest

LumpySpacedPrincess Sat 19-Mar-16 16:21:29

We live in a misogynistic culture where women are at the bottom of the pile, the Mail supports what most people think.

Doesn't make it any less depressing though. sad

JenEric Sat 19-Mar-16 16:28:49

Wow. Are all these women supposed to wear turtlenecks? Also I'm pretty sure none of them turn up in bathing suits hmm

IthinkIamsinking Sat 19-Mar-16 16:31:19

I think the 'article' written by Richard Littlejohn on the two women at Cheltenham races actually left me open mouthed with WTF. It was quite possibly the vilest, most misogynistic piece of writing I have ever seen. I can't believe anyone in their right mind would read that and think it was acceptable on any level regardless of the behaviour of the women concerned.

OurBlanche Sat 19-Mar-16 16:42:10

Oh! Whilst I dislike his style of writing, he general air of smuggery, I though Littlejohn had a point!

But you are right, I can't think how anyone reading about that would have thought that their behaviour was acceptable on any level, regardless of the behaviour of the journalist/s concerned.

OurBlanche Sat 19-Mar-16 16:45:58

Grrr, that posted while I went back to re-read the bit where he also slates men, mainly footballers, for their behaviour too!

And the priceless comment about the hypocrisy of the piece, given that the Sidebar of Shame, the Kardashians etc, are the very bread and butter of the rag concerned.

IthinkIamsinking Sat 19-Mar-16 16:48:32

Calling these women slatterns and gin sodden strumpets in a national newspaper was just beyond the pale.

OurBlanche Sat 19-Mar-16 16:50:42

Yeah! That wasn't gin they were swilling smile

TooOldForGlitter Sat 19-Mar-16 16:57:56

It's not surprising but it makes me sick.

IthinkIamsinking Sat 19-Mar-16 17:12:49

My thoughts exactly Blanche. You would think journalists could at least try and get they facts right grin

Skippedthelightfandango Sat 19-Mar-16 17:37:22

Watch this link. Always good on these threads! Don't watch with littlies in earshot. m.youtube.com/watch?v=_J07cuUW2qI

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now