lets start again: MIL

(61 Posts)
Alpies Sat 19-Mar-16 14:02:54

Sorry I can't figure out how to edit my thread as I don't think I was clear enuf.

I have had a difficult relationship with my MIL. Here's the background if you are interested. Please see link: http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2582100-Difficult-relationship-with-MIL

So the reason I posted today.

It was my DD1 first birthday. We all went out to the pub. After lunch, she got up from the table and took DD1 with her. there were 5 of us sitting at the table. She didn't ask me or my husband anything. I assumed she was going for a little walk around. But when I turned round she was gone into the toilet and took my dd in the toilet cubicle with her.

I personally wouldn't even take my dd who is still q baby into a public toilet when other people could have looked after her at the table.

- she didn't ask if it was ok to do that.
- I am not close to her and therefore I feel uncomfortable that she took my dd into the cubicle with her. If you read my earlier post abt MIL maybe you might understand where I qm comint from.

QuiteLikely5 Sat 19-Mar-16 14:05:03

Look OP, family take children to the loo with them all of the time when in a restaurant. Nothing strange about it.

You are looking to create problems and issues when quite frankly they don't exist.

paxillin Sat 19-Mar-16 14:07:30

It's still ok. Not inappropriate. Sounds like you want to pick a fight with MIL.

And it now is the first birthday of your 2 year? The last thread didn't disappear: [http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2595670-AIBU-or-MILs-behaviour-is-not-appropriate?]

Floggingmolly Sat 19-Mar-16 14:07:39

It was her 2nd birthday on your other thread... Is it some sort of strange birthday ritual that happens every year?

paxillin Sat 19-Mar-16 14:08:04

Sorry www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2595670-AIBU-or-MILs-behaviour-is-not-appropriate?

Fox28 Sat 19-Mar-16 14:08:18

I thought it was her second birthday confused

Narp Sat 19-Mar-16 14:09:50

Oh dear.

Gizlotsmum Sat 19-Mar-16 14:10:12

It's a bit odd but I wouldn't read anything sinister into it. My MIL will take dd and ds into cubicle if they need to go, my mum won't wee infront of either of them. I assume she isn't potty training? Does mil change nappies for you? I think you need to be careful not to see something that isn't there because of your own relationship with mil.

WorraLiberty Sat 19-Mar-16 14:10:51

I'm not going to read your other thread because quite frankly, it has nothing to do with what you're asking on this one.

YABVU to give a second thought to your MIL taking her grandchild to the toilet.

I can't believe you're even still thinking about it, let alone starting a thread on an internet forum.

Floggingmolly Sat 19-Mar-16 14:13:46

It has everything to do with what she's asking on this one, Worra. It's exactly the same question; but the child involved is having their 2nd birthday party, not their first...

WorraLiberty Sat 19-Mar-16 14:14:22

Wait a minute. I've now clicked the clickable link posted by paxillin (thank you), and it's about exactly the same thing? confused

What's the point in having 2 threads?

OhShutUpThomas Sat 19-Mar-16 14:14:22

Yes it's weird.

No it's not sinister weird.

Just odd weird.

And is she one or two?

WorraLiberty Sat 19-Mar-16 14:15:03

X posted Flogging

This is so odd grin

Alpies Sat 19-Mar-16 14:15:36

She is 2. Typo.

SootSprite Sat 19-Mar-16 14:24:56

A typo that you wrote 'first' instead of 'second'?? Okay then hmm

80sMum Sat 19-Mar-16 14:27:26

She is 2. Typo

I don't quite see how one could accidentally type "first" when intending to type "second" and auto correct wouldn't change second into first, surely?

80sMum Sat 19-Mar-16 14:28:36

Crossed posts soot!

lunar1 Sat 19-Mar-16 14:32:24

Sounds fine to me, perfect age to go to the toilet with adults, gives them an idea of how to use a toilet, and that it's not scary.

Why weren't you happy? Does she need to ask to pick up her grand childconfused

HelsBels3000 Sat 19-Mar-16 14:35:04

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MadSprocker Sat 19-Mar-16 14:35:12

First....... Nope didn't change to second.

curren Sat 19-Mar-16 14:36:55

She didn't flash her fanjo to your child like you said in the other thread. Which makes me think your first thread isn't accurate either and a lot of this is you over reacting.

3sugarsplease Sat 19-Mar-16 14:37:33

I've read your other post and I think you are making mountains out of mole hills with certain aspects. I think your looking for problems tbh.

Bumshkawahwah Sat 19-Mar-16 14:37:46

I'm going to disagree with everyone else - and check I have got this right. Your MIL needed to go to the toilet, and decided to take your DD with her when she went? If so, that is odd, to me. Why wouldn't she just, well, not take her with her?

Topseyt Sat 19-Mar-16 14:38:35

Here we go again!

<Looks for the popcorn>

Bambooshoots14 Sat 19-Mar-16 14:41:15

How did you see the cubicle door from outside the loos?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now