AIBU and mean spirited or...

(8 Posts)
JessicaRuby Fri 18-Mar-16 20:04:02

Are the dresses on Say Yes to the Dress actually not that nice? confused

I can't believe the prices some of the brides are willing to pay for what they're getting!

Is it just me?!

Aphie Fri 18-Mar-16 20:05:38

God no. I think some of them are just hideous. My own wedding dress had cost me £ 150 from an outlet store. I tried one on 10x the price and it was awful. The program is still my guilty pleasure though

JessicaRuby Fri 18-Mar-16 20:38:11

Oh don't get me wrong I love it grin but yes it's ridiculous watching them shell out more than $10,000 for a dress that looks like someone's been hacking at it with a pair of scissors...

This is a particular 'favourite'

Nanny0gg Fri 18-Mar-16 20:40:33

Do all brides take their entire families, friends, father and even once, fiance, to choose a dress?

Why would you do that?

Oooblimey Fri 18-Mar-16 20:50:59

OMG THAT dress!! I cannot believe how many people try it on and love it! Every tom I just think "do you not have eyes?!!" shock

SYTTD is also my guilty pleasure, I have it on series link!! blush

JessicaRuby Fri 18-Mar-16 20:57:07

I know!!! Why would you want to be half naked on your wedding day?!

Nanny I've seen loads of them bring their fiance, its weird - I'm getting married this summer and one of the things I'm looking forward to is DP seeing me in my dress for the first time!

Oysterbabe Fri 18-Mar-16 20:59:18

I HATED dress shopping. I went to a shop and had some orange harpie putting me in all kind of crap that all looked the same after a while. She was very unimpressed by my lack of squealing and crying. I ended up buying a dress for £200 somewhere else that wasn't even a wedding dress.

NinaSimoneful Fri 18-Mar-16 21:18:10

It seems to be a new thing for the couple to pick out the dress together. I guess I can see a point to it, if both of the couple are paying for the wedding then you could argue that they should both have a say but I definitely wanted to surprise my DH on the day and he felt the same. (Or he just did not want to look at dresses with me grin)

In the end I bought my wedding dress through a second hand site. It was specially made - specially made for the lady I bought it from, but still!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now