To wonder wtf is happening to my leg

(7 Posts)
Abbbinob Fri 18-Mar-16 18:23:06

It feels like it's having warm tea split on it.
Last about a minute and happens a few times a day
Just a patch on my thigh but not warm from the outside confused
First time toddler was sitting on my lap and I thoufht he had done a wee on my leg blush

ChemistryHunt Fri 18-Mar-16 18:25:21

I have been getting this started in one patch and now there are two!

I have seen a doctor and neurologist and they are pretty sure it's related to my migraines (I have complex Hemiplegic migraines) I have had an MRI just in case but not had results yet(which I am taking as a good sign).

Definitely worth getting it checked, it probably has some kind of nerve cause most likely not serious but always best the check.

Whitney168 Fri 18-Mar-16 18:28:37

I (sort of) had this for a while, although it was like cold water for me. Went away, assume it was some kind of trapped nerve.

CyclingFanGirl Fri 18-Mar-16 18:35:53

This?
patient.info/health/meralgia-paraesthetica-leaflet

Redderred Fri 18-Mar-16 19:31:53

I'm not sure but I think it's nerves.
I get the sensation of water dripping down my legs sometimes but when I look there's no water on my skin.

Zaurak Fri 18-Mar-16 19:41:25

I had this for about four months after my c section (the spinal went wrong and the anaesthetic failed during the section, so I suspect it was botched.)

It's largely stopped now, but v odd while it happened.

Abbbinob Fri 18-Mar-16 19:45:12

Yep that meralgia thing sounds spot on, I jumped off the sofa pretending to be a monster and it hurt where the ligament that nerves goes under like fuck, and the warm water thibg started after that mystery solved thank you, I have health anxiety so was convinced of ms blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now