to be sad about the Landrover buggy.

(16 Posts)
BlackBagTheBorderBinLiner Thu 17-Mar-16 21:42:30

I'm sorting out the house and have finally got round to the buggy. It was a wonderful Landrover ATP (All Terrain Pram) - even the name was great.

They don't make them any more any I've been Googling reviews. They were so lightweight and I felt smugly superior to the complicated systems my friends had. AIBU to be sad about decluttering this triumph of engineering?
Should I keep it for the imaginary grand children?

SohowdoIdothis Thu 17-Mar-16 21:45:04

Brilliant bit of kit, ours went through about six families after us, still out there, especially if you were into the outdoors. ours was a gift from landrover bright red and one of the first made.

CruCru Thu 17-Mar-16 21:47:23

Oh Gosh, we have one of those.

MrsGannicus Thu 17-Mar-16 21:57:18

We had one too. Was so sad to give it away. Had forgotten about it until now and feel sad all over again! Was a great buggy!

PoppieD Thu 17-Mar-16 22:00:24

I now want one! Have just googled and they look amazing!! Still a market on eBay!

TheSecondOfHerName Thu 17-Mar-16 22:03:26

I had one for my twins. Bought it second-hand, and when a part broke, we were able to get it repaired. They don't make them like that anymore.

BlackBagTheBorderBinLiner Thu 17-Mar-16 22:03:36

At one point we had two blush

The black one which Marks & Spencer briefly sold with the pram bit did six kids between three of three of use and was even then passed on.

This one is the proper Landrover one, quick release wheels. It's even got a flight bag. might hide it back in attic for future generations

BlackBagTheBorderBinLiner Thu 17-Mar-16 22:05:29

Apologies for all the typos, clearly too emotional grin

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Thu 17-Mar-16 22:06:02

Keep it if you have the space.

summerdreams Thu 17-Mar-16 22:10:07

Ive just had a look and they are £399 to buy from landrover brand new so there is definately still a market for them. I can't believe I've never heard of them I now want one grin

summerdreams Thu 17-Mar-16 22:13:01

No actually the websites just been left and it says discontinued its a ghost site blush

Littlef00t Fri 18-Mar-16 19:31:24

Sell it and pass on the love!

TeaPleaseLouise Fri 18-Mar-16 19:35:55

Keep it! That looks far too practical to give away or sell. Just make sure you store it somewhere dry, the lovely non blingy silver cross my gran kept got ruined by damp.

ProcrastinatorGeneral Fri 18-Mar-16 20:13:40

It's a fugly beast isn't it?

I have an SEN pushchair, I can throw no stones

grin

BlackBagTheBorderBinLiner Sat 19-Mar-16 21:20:13

Fugly! It's certainly a long wheel base, with the framed raincover it looks like a biome at the Eden Project.

I'm going to pass on the love and except cash in lieu of undying gratitude puts imaginary grandchild on hover contraption, gazes at wheeled pram in museum

Funny how objects give you a physical memory, where the poppers are, the click of the frame.... I have photos do not need the actual thing!

BlackBagTheBorderBinLiner Sat 19-Mar-16 21:21:18

I'm trying to convince myself, no more 'keep it' comments please.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now