Missed my daughter's 1st birthday card on Cbeebies!

(15 Posts)
Takosuke Tue 15-Mar-16 22:59:16

Good evening all
This is my first post so I'm sorry if I'm asking in the wrong place but a Google search led me here. As the title says due to a monumental f**k up on our part (the TiVo box was switched off so nothing was recorded after we left our house this morning) we have missed our daughter's 1st birthday card being shown on Cbeebies! I know she hasn't got a clue but we really wanted a recording if it did end up getting shown on TV to show her when she can understand. We are gutted. Obviously they aren't offered on catch-up anymore and we can't find anything anywhere. If anyone has any suggestions or by some miracle has recorded the channel this morning from about 10AM I believe we would be ever so grateful! Her name is Ellie and the card has Iggle Piggle in his boat. Thanks so much to anyone who can help!

Fatmomma99 Wed 16-Mar-16 00:07:10

This needs to be a story to her about how rubbish her parents are! The epic "you were on CBeebies, but we forgot to watch". Filed under "how rubbish my parents are".

If it's any consolation, my DH slept through my DD singing songs on Christian Radio (or whatever it was). I almost missed it (we thought it was broadcast at 10 and it was at 9). They offered many "blessings". I caught the last 1/4 hour though, and they asked us to text in, so I did and they read it out. so I win over you, OP.

Guiltypleasures001 Wed 16-Mar-16 08:39:47

Hi op is it by any chance on YouTube at all? Maybe someone else's child's card got dead out and they might have posted it on there for family members to see.

Might be worth having a look, maybe someone on Facebook recorded it and can do something for you

BayLeaves Wed 16-Mar-16 08:46:27

Long shot but could email someone from the BBC... ?

Takosuke Wed 16-Mar-16 08:58:42

I hope she's not keeping a file, assuming there's going to be much more of this! Pair of us don't know our arse from our elbow. We were at the zoo though which has got to be worth at least 10 parenting points?

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Wed 16-Mar-16 09:00:44

Oh pants. There was/is a Mumsnetter who could do something magic and get it for you... and I can't for the life of me remember who it was!

<wanders off to AS>

slicedfinger Wed 16-Mar-16 09:02:15

Our three DC each have a book we've kept cataloging our epic parenting fails. They think it's hilarious. Just as well really. grin

Takosuke Wed 16-Mar-16 09:02:59

Thanks very much for your replies, someone from here has actually recorded it for me! Can't believe my luck. Kindness of strangers eh? It's a shame they're not all on iPlayer, there must be so many parents who miss it for some reason or another and the blasted thing took me hours to do!
wink

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Wed 16-Mar-16 09:08:46

<wanders back from AS>

<sees not needed anymore>

<wanders off again hoping creepy wee brackets aren't still breaking MN>

(It was HungryHorace though)

Takosuke Wed 16-Mar-16 09:13:08

That's who has recorded it MilkTwoSugars! I didn't post their name in case they were inundated with requests from crap parents! grin

DaggerEyes Wed 16-Mar-16 09:15:44

Omg! I remember that card! Very neat. It got a place right at the front too!!

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Wed 16-Mar-16 09:41:05

Oh bugger. Shit. Never thought of that.

To HH - I'm really really sorry. I'll ask for my post to be removed.

HungryHorace Wed 16-Mar-16 10:02:38

No need to remove it! :-)

I'm glad I / we (my DH actually recorded / sent it) could help!

Takosuke Wed 16-Mar-16 10:08:53

You've both done a really good thing. Now I don't have to make my OH feel like shit for the rest of his life for switching the TiVo box off on the morning of his only daughter's television debut! grin Although to be honest I might not tell him I've got it for another few days...

Takosuke Wed 16-Mar-16 10:15:27

Thanks DaggerEyes, I'm glad my artistic skills left a lasting impression! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now