I know I can't look, need will power

(38 Posts)
Dollymixtureyumyum Tue 15-Mar-16 14:00:07

My husband interviewed for a job at my organisation early this afternoon. He was the last to be interviewed (two candidates). They been told that the successful candidate will be rung in the morning.
I just had to bob into my bosses office and the filled in interview questions are on her desk with grades next to them.
I have done interviews with her in the past and I know she writes a big yes or no on the back so all I would have to do is turn the page over. She is currently out the office
I know I can't but I need willpower ladies this is killing me

BoyGirlBoy3 Tue 15-Mar-16 14:01:28

Don't do it OP use the force!!

mangocoveredlamb Tue 15-Mar-16 14:01:34

Quick go onto AIBU and distract yourself. You mustn't look. Either way I expect he'll want to tell you himself!

WonderingAspie Tue 15-Mar-16 14:01:46

Provided I knew she wasn't about to walk back in, I wouldn't be able to help myself!

hellsbellsmelons Tue 15-Mar-16 14:01:54

I know you shouldn't either but..... sod will power.
I would have to look.
I hope it went well though.
Fingers crossed for him.

Dollymixtureyumyum Tue 15-Mar-16 14:05:06

I think the things that is stopping me,apart form my great sense of integrity of course grin is the fact if it was good news I could keep it too myself but if it was bad I can't pretend I don't know all night to DH

Batmansmellsofshit Tue 15-Mar-16 14:07:05

call him and tell him your predicament. let him make the decision for you.

Dollymixtureyumyum Tue 15-Mar-16 14:07:39

Oh thank good she is back and just walked off with the sheets. Temptation over

MaidOfStars Tue 15-Mar-16 14:08:16

Oh god, I couldn't do it. I'm too good.

Dollymixtureyumyum Tue 15-Mar-16 14:09:20

I am more wound up then if I had had the interview

Batmansmellsofshit Tue 15-Mar-16 14:09:58

gaaaaaaaah

I would've looked. And then gone to stay at a friends house in order to avoid DH.

BettyBi0 Tue 15-Mar-16 14:11:21

I so would have looked! Well done for resisting. Hope he got the job!

pishposhpash Tue 15-Mar-16 14:12:37

Absolutely not! Your boss needs to know she can trust you with confidential information. If she thinks she can't then it may jeopardise your DH being offered the job (assuming he's their preferred candidate).

Only a few hours to wait - fingers crossed he phones you with good news in the morning.

pishposhpash Tue 15-Mar-16 14:14:09

Sorry, cross post. Well done for resisting temptation. Let us know how he gets on.

Dollymixtureyumyum Tue 15-Mar-16 14:14:29

I know I would not have looked but temptation did wash over me for a few seconds when they were right next to my hand. Glad i resisted

ExtraHotLatteToGo Tue 15-Mar-16 14:14:36

Phew.

Saves all that willpower nonsense!

LaurieFairyCake Tue 15-Mar-16 14:15:29

I would never have been able to resist. Well done smile

Dollymixtureyumyum Tue 15-Mar-16 14:18:33

Now I am just tempted to beg a fag of my colleague and go out for a smoke. Have not taken my lunch yet so going for a walk

WonderingAspie Tue 15-Mar-16 14:28:28

Oh I thought your DH would know today I still wouldn't have been able to help myself.

OohMavis Tue 15-Mar-16 14:41:19

Pfft, I'd have looked and not felt a shred of guilt grin

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Tue 15-Mar-16 14:42:14

Oh what a dilemma! You did the right thing, Dolly, not sure that I would have resisted quickly having a look. I hope your husband's interview was successful. smile

redcheck Tue 15-Mar-16 14:45:02

I would have looked! grin

BackInTheRealWorld Tue 15-Mar-16 14:47:54

I would have looked. It wouldn't have affected the outcome so..

ApocalypseNowt Tue 15-Mar-16 15:09:40

For some reason this thread has just reminded me that DH has bought my birthday pressies and hidden them somewhere. I know they are not wrapped yet as he said he needed to get wrapping paper on his way back from work.

I'm off for a rummage! grin

blueshoes Tue 15-Mar-16 15:29:14

You did the right thing. Well done for resisting temptation. It would be a breach of trust if you looked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now