to not want to spend another weekend with SIL?

(15 Posts)
KinkyAfro Mon 14-Mar-16 19:58:18

This weekend my partner and I are going on a Friday-Monday trip with his sister and family. In April we are going on a 2-day trip to do with a charity she does a lot of fund raising for. At the end of April we're taking his mum to meet up with SIL for a long weekend in Scotland. Partner gas just text me asking if I want to go on another weekend with them all in May. I really don't want to use any more of my holiday allowance going on another trip with his sister, I'd rather use it for a trip for just us 2 and the dog. He's now sulking as I've said I don't want to go on another trip with them.

spanky2 Mon 14-Mar-16 19:59:30

He could go on his own?

FlyingRussianUnicorn Mon 14-Mar-16 19:59:57

If you dont want to go, dont. No reason why your DH cant go alone (is there- even if there was im sure his family will look after him just as much as you will) so I dont see why he is sulking. Tell him to grow up confused

KinkyAfro Mon 14-Mar-16 20:01:42

He doesn't want to go on his own as they are a family of 6 and he said he'll feel like the odd one out. Tough shit I say!

PNGirl Mon 14-Mar-16 20:04:49

YANBU. Holidays with family-in-law are not relaxing, let-it-all-hang-out breaks no matter how well you get on. We've always made trips with anyone other than just me and my husband an extra break on top of our holidays alone.

FlyingRussianUnicorn Mon 14-Mar-16 20:06:51

I get that. But its also his choice. And you have made yours. The end.

LeaLeander Mon 14-Mar-16 20:08:09

YANBU.

JolseBaby Mon 14-Mar-16 20:09:46

Just ask him -

Exactly when are we going to have a holiday that is just the two of us? Your SIL is nice but I don't want to spend every day of my annual leave with her! What about our own holiday plans?

KinkyAfro Mon 14-Mar-16 20:13:38

We have got a fortnight away just the two of us in September, he works quite a lot of weekends so I'm getting naffed off that he wants to spend all his free ones with his sister. I also don't want to spend another weekend with 4 young kids doing kid based things

wallywobbles Mon 14-Mar-16 20:17:15

You are Bening vvvvvv reasonable.

wallywobbles Mon 14-Mar-16 20:17:32

Being even

Labradorlover01 Mon 14-Mar-16 20:35:12

You're being perfectly reasonable.... That's a very short space of time to see his family so often (if it was just to pop in for a cuppa that'd be different) but for full on long weekends even if you do all get on well that's more than enough...all in moderation and all that..

Fingers crossed the sulk is short lived but please stick to your guns if you don't want to go!

sleeponeday Mon 14-Mar-16 20:36:11

YABU to spend as many weekends as you already are with someone else's young family when you don't enjoy it! And if he wants quality family time with his sis that's great, but expecting you to tag along to stop him feeling a spare part is really selfish.

YANBU.

SquinkiesRule Mon 14-Mar-16 21:52:03

Is he willing to spend that many weekends with your family OP?

WonderingAspie Mon 14-Mar-16 21:55:55

YANBU, he is being U to be sulking over a 4th period of time with them within 2 months!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now