DH is asleep and I just want to bury my cat

(9 Posts)
JellicleCat Mon 14-Mar-16 11:50:48

I found my beloved cat dead on the patio this morning. DH was out swimming at the time, but is now back. I want to bury the cat, but DH sat down and has fallen asleep. We haven't decided where to bury him so I can't just go out and start digging, so I am now sitting by myself, having another cry. AIBU to think DH is being his usual knob head unsupportive self for sleeping, or AIBU and irrational?

Owllady Mon 14-Mar-16 11:52:02

Wake him up flowers

DaggerEyes Mon 14-Mar-16 11:55:05

You can chose a site, pick a comfy blanket to wrap cat in, write a goodbye note to bury with her. Then when dh awake, he can dig.
Xxxxx

winchester1 Mon 14-Mar-16 11:57:16

Id just get on with it tbh, how big is your garden I'd think there are limited sensible places to bury a pet anyway.
flowers

oldgrandmama Mon 14-Mar-16 12:02:58

I am so sorry, My cat died last May and I know how sad one is. My suggestion: let DH sleep on for a bit, while you sort out where to bury your beloved cat, maybe with some favourite cat toys. Perhaps even think of a little memorial thing to put over the grave - a plant you could order, or some seeds, and I think there are online firms that make pet memorial stuff (quite expensive), but personally I think even a little collection of pretty stones or shells. A raspberry bush grows over one of my other, long dead cats, and my grandkids, whenever they pick a berry straight off the bush, invariably say 'mmmm - dead cat raspberry!'

OK, not ideal for everyone, but you'll be feeling so wretched and sad right now, so don't wake up husband yet (which might start an argument).

Of course, you'll feel so sad for ages, but you do eventually accept ... there's a great FB Private site for pet owners (mainly Crazy Cat Ladies) so if you send me a PM, I'll let you know more.

Meanwhile, I do feel for you, I still mourn ALL my departed cats.

SnakeWitch Mon 14-Mar-16 12:19:54

So sorry, that must have been awful for you to discover flowers RIP kitty sad

Arfarfanarf Mon 14-Mar-16 12:22:52

Sorry thanks

Just wake him up. Tell him that you need to do this.

You absolutely can go and dig by yourself btw. If that is what you prefer to do.

ridemesideways Mon 14-Mar-16 12:25:35

Yanbu. Give your dh a kick.

JellicleCat Mon 14-Mar-16 13:08:48

Thanks everyone.

DH woke up just after I'd posted and we have buried the boy. Just phoned the local Cats Protection to offer them all the uneaten cat food and the sight of the cat treats in the cupboard set me off again.

I will pm you Old Grandmamma.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now