To think the poo from the police horses should be cleaned up?!

(79 Posts)
Mooey89 Sun 13-Mar-16 15:26:58

I live in a a city. We have a big football ground, which is on what is essentially an industrial estate on a busy through part of the city.
On match days, there are loads of police around on horses. Every time, the whole of this part of the city is littered with horse poo.

Match was yesterday. Today, as usual, all over the (pedestrian) walkways, there are piles of horse poo!

I'm not talking one pile where the rider wasn't able to clean it up. I'm talking piles all over the streets! We by no means live in a rural area and it's not like this is near fields and grassy areas. I understand that horses have got to poo but if they need to use horses then surely they need to make provision to clean it up??
AIBU?

RidersOnTheStorm Sun 13-Mar-16 15:29:52

YABVU. Horse poo doesn't carry disease like dog and cat poo.

I'd rather have horse poo than football fans.

dontpokethebear Sun 13-Mar-16 15:30:52

YABU. Horse poo doesn't contain bacteria like dog or even human poo, so is very unlikely to cause any problems from that pov.
Scoop it up and put it on your garden smile

LittleRedSparke Sun 13-Mar-16 15:31:54

You should complain to the football ground (if anyone) as they are making money here which is why the police horses need to be there

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Sun 13-Mar-16 15:32:39

Imagine the size of the poo bag.

sugar21 Sun 13-Mar-16 15:33:28

Horse shit is great for gardens, advertise it on a local fb page and it will be gone in no time

elderlyhippo Sun 13-Mar-16 15:33:35

Lucky, lucky you. Brilliant for gardeners!

(And no, horses are allowed to poo and pee on the highway. This is something that long pre-dated cars leaving their waste emissions which are far more harmful)

usual Sun 13-Mar-16 15:33:44

It's not nice having to avoid horse shit on pavements. YANBU

Mooey89 Sun 13-Mar-16 15:34:22

It's not really bacteria that's the problem, it's the fact it's right in the middle of a walkway. So pushchairs, wheelchairs, pedestrians, weaving around massive piles of shit!
Do, also hate the football fans though in fairness, you are right about that!

ExitPursuedByABear Sun 13-Mar-16 15:34:49

Someone will be along soon saying the horses should wear nappies.

I love these threads.

WhatDat Sun 13-Mar-16 15:35:26

What about other horses? It's not just police horses that poo?
I think the police horses are their to maintain order. What do you suggest the rider does with it?
YABU

Mooey89 Sun 13-Mar-16 15:35:31

With a specially made hole for the tail??

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Sun 13-Mar-16 15:36:36

Awesome

Mooey89 Sun 13-Mar-16 15:36:58

whatdat, we are in a city - people don't ride horses around here, unless they are police on match days!

No issue with police on horses, love horses in general but there must be a way to avoid all. The. Shit.

exLtEveDallas Sun 13-Mar-16 15:37:18

Horses along the sea front in the Costa Brava wear nappies. I thought that was hilarious as a kid.

usual Sun 13-Mar-16 15:37:26

Someone will be along soon to tell you they love the smell of horse shit so much, they like to roll around in it.

PirateSmile Sun 13-Mar-16 15:37:58

How would you have got on years ago when horses were everywhere?

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Sun 13-Mar-16 15:38:35

Poor horse looks embarrassed

exLtEveDallas Sun 13-Mar-16 15:39:47

Like this

exLtEveDallas Sun 13-Mar-16 15:40:05

Ooh snap

Lurkedforever1 Sun 13-Mar-16 15:40:15

Do you want the police vehicles present to clean up after their exhausts too?

FruStefanOla Sun 13-Mar-16 15:40:29

I'm sure there was a thread like this a couple of years ago?!

Any gardener who lives near you will be out with a bucket and shovel .... before you can say 'shit off a shove'' grin

usual Sun 13-Mar-16 15:40:31

oooh snap grin

FruStefanOla Sun 13-Mar-16 15:42:29

Um ... I meant to say before you can say 'shit off a shovel'!

NeedACleverNN Sun 13-Mar-16 15:48:51

Yanbu as it is unpleasant for wheelchairs and pushchairs

It's not offensive smelling and it does no real harm to people but it isn't pleasant for the public.

Horses can't be nappied really but surely someone at the end of the day could do round and scoop it up if it's on walkways

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now