To ask how often you wash towels?

(66 Posts)
RealityCheque Thu 10-Mar-16 21:54:15

And where they are stored in between washes if used more than once?

Bath / shower towels probably once every week / ten days here and stored in airing cupboard.

ArgyMargy Thu 10-Mar-16 21:55:33

Oh please just SHUT UP!!

Hassled Thu 10-Mar-16 21:57:10

Once a week. Stored by draipsing over the bannister/radiator/bathroom chair/dumped on teenager's floor.

sooperdooper Thu 10-Mar-16 21:57:52

When they need it, in a drawer - why is this discussion worthy? So someone can come along who washes all their towels twice a day can look down on us minions? hmm

elephantoverthehill Thu 10-Mar-16 21:58:24

Horlicks all round.

Flossieflower01 Thu 10-Mar-16 21:59:37

Bah towels- weekly. Hand towels and tea towels daily.

Sparklingbrook Thu 10-Mar-16 22:00:15

Why do you need to know this?

amazingtracy Thu 10-Mar-16 22:01:11

I gather the family's towels, put them in a wicker basket. Then, I like to walk to the river with the the rest of the women of the village and beat them against the rocks. On the way back I drop the towels off at the launderette

Ginmakesitallok Thu 10-Mar-16 22:02:24

I agree that these threads are tedious. I'm not about to change my laundry habits because of what other folk on mn do. Some people will say they wash them 4 times a day. Some folk won't ever wash them. Who gives a shit?

ManneryTowers Thu 10-Mar-16 22:02:29

I've been on MN waaaay too much today. This is the fourth of these threads. We'll be asked how we fold our bras next.
I'll take that Horlicks though

Teaandcakeat8 Thu 10-Mar-16 22:03:09

I'm waiting for, 'how often do you wash your knickers?'. 'How often do you brush your teeth?'.

All riveting stuff!

DaftLemon Thu 10-Mar-16 22:04:03

Oh are we supposed to wash them?grin

ManneryTowers Thu 10-Mar-16 22:05:04

I'm not sure which is the correct way. Should knickers be washed more than teeth in MN land? Or vice versa? Thrilling stuff.

BumWad Thu 10-Mar-16 22:05:09

Just hit search OP there are literally THOUSANDS of threads like these on MN you can stay up all night reading them

MakingJudySmile Thu 10-Mar-16 22:06:12

amazingtracy when you next going to the river? I'm going tomorrow; will I see you there?

ArgyMargy Thu 10-Mar-16 22:06:44

Perhaps we can clean our teeth with our knickers?

I'm saying sod all

Haffdonga Thu 10-Mar-16 22:09:33

or our knickers our teeth sorry

TheDuchessOfArbroathsHat Thu 10-Mar-16 22:10:18

I wash ours when they get so tired of it that the fuckers walk down to the washing machine themselves. Fuck running round after towels. Inanimate fuckers.

Hassled Thu 10-Mar-16 22:11:15

I don't get why it's an issue that the question's been asked again - yes, it's been asked before but people are still going to idly wonder whether their washing routine is standard or not and post without trawling the archives. Does anyone actually trawl the archives?

One day when I'm very very bored I will trawl the archives and present you with the data. In 2002, MNers washed their towels twice a week. Washing peaked to three times a week in 2006 but yet by 2010 it was only fortnightly. You'll all thank me, I'm sure.

Sparklingbrook Thu 10-Mar-16 22:11:42

I would say OP is BU.

TheDuchessOfArbroathsHat Thu 10-Mar-16 22:12:44

Anyway OP

Bath / shower towels probably once every week / ten days here and stored in airing cupboard

What the hell answers do you expect?

"Once a year, store them in the greenhouse"
"Every day, store them in the biscuit tin"
"Every Leap Year, store them under the bed"

Seriously? There's really only one possible answer to 'where do you store them?' I'm all out of fucks on this question. Next?

Teaandcakeat8 Thu 10-Mar-16 22:12:50

I've never wondered if my washing routine is standard or not.... But now I am hmm

TheDuchessOfArbroathsHat Thu 10-Mar-16 22:14:10

Hassled - people are still going to idly wonder whether their washing routine is standard or not

Really? I don't have head space for how anyone else organises their laundry. I truly don't get why anyone else would even consider the permutations - can you elucidate?

ManneryTowers Thu 10-Mar-16 22:15:00

Alternate teeth, then knickers. Dependent on Horlicks intake

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now