gym/underwear issue - help please

(28 Posts)
wtfisgoingonhere Thu 10-Mar-16 17:23:18

Totally not an AIBU but looking to the ladies for some advice.

Recently returned to gym to do several classes a week and have discovered my previously reliable knickers are no longer comfortable.

They are nothing fancy just black seam free shorts style things.

I know part of the issue is my weight gain (hence returning to gym) but no longer sell these where I got them so can't just go buy a size or two bigger

<potential tmi coming up>

The issue is this:
They feel uncomfortable between my thighs, my bikini line and just generally 'right up there'.

I have ruled out any infection, not changed any washing products and have ensured they are properly dry before wearing

I just want some advice on what to wear under my gym trousers to stop me having to keep stealthily adjusting/scratching mid class - doesn't help my workout, I feel gross /irritable keep digging my underwear out, and would be mortified if someone spotted me

No real requirements other than plain dark colour (to avoid showing them - all my bottoms are black)

Please help me! !

TheSinkingFeeling Thu 10-Mar-16 17:25:17

Have you considered compression shorts?

takemetomars Thu 10-Mar-16 17:28:39

bigger knickers and sod the VPL?

Oysterbabe Thu 10-Mar-16 17:31:04

I always go commando in my running tights.

Akire Thu 10-Mar-16 17:33:52

I'd buy big pants too! Never really got the no VPL because the alternative is look I'm not wearing any knickers! It's ok I take the knicker line! Life's to short to be picking pants out of your bum!

TreeSparrow Thu 10-Mar-16 17:34:35

I bought 3/4 type running tights/legging things made by Nike. I sweat obscenely so knicker free is the best way to go!

BennyTheBall Thu 10-Mar-16 17:35:54

I wear nothing under running tights or capris.

They have a built-in gusset, so you can go without.

Bunbaker Thu 10-Mar-16 17:36:04

Try a different style of knickers? I find shorts style ride up in the wrong places.

SloaneRanger88 Thu 10-Mar-16 17:36:36

I go commando too in running leggings.

Would really recommend roping in a trusted someone to check they do not go see through whilst squatting first though.

dementedpixie Thu 10-Mar-16 17:37:27

I wear big M&S pants!

dodobookends Thu 10-Mar-16 17:41:40

Tesco do some good seamfree high-leg briefs in black and nude. Twin pack for £5. A lot of dancers wear them under leotards and they do shorts-style ones as well I think. They are pretty long-lasting too.

Branleuse Thu 10-Mar-16 17:46:55

www.amazon.co.uk/Sloggi-Double-Comfort-Womens-Shorts/dp/B00ANS2E7Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457631905&sr=8-1&keywords=sloggi+double+comfort+shorts

these are my pants of choice under gymwear, theyre seriously the most comfortable pants ever

stumblymonkey Thu 10-Mar-16 17:49:53

I'm another in big cotton M&S pants!

lampygirl Thu 10-Mar-16 17:55:37

I use some black seam free shorts from primark for the gym. Think you got 2 or 3 pairs in a set for a couple of quid. I find shorts more comfortable but I imagine big pants would do the same as you don't get the edges of the leg likely to end up up your arse.

PestilentialCat Thu 10-Mar-16 17:56:34

I wear cotton M&S thongs under my gym wear. I know thongs aren't for everyone but I find them comfortable my fat arse gathers the fabric of bigger pants into a thong anyway

Spudlet Thu 10-Mar-16 17:57:38

Have you tried chamois cream? I use it for cycling. It's rather messy and chilly when you put it on, but it deals with chafing very well.

TheFormidableMrsC Thu 10-Mar-16 18:07:57

Commando all the way.....

BennyTheBall Thu 10-Mar-16 18:13:54

I have never heard of chamois cream. I imagine it smells leathery!

shrunkenhead Thu 10-Mar-16 18:21:57

Spudlet please tell me more! What is this magic cream ypu speak of???

wtfisgoingonhere Thu 10-Mar-16 19:14:50

Wow thanks for all the advice. Just got out the gym now

Will get hubby to assess the comando vs seethroughness

I wear gym trousers though so they have a seem, can someone please reassure me this will be ok??

dementedpixie Thu 10-Mar-16 20:47:51

I couldn't go commando, I need something to attach a panty liner to!

char96 Thu 31-Mar-16 18:02:57

Always go commando if the leggings have a built in gusset. One less thing to worry about.

FishOn Thu 31-Mar-16 18:06:52

every pair of drawers I have ever tried goes straight up my whizzer so I wear thongs....still up there, but a lot less fabric and a smooth bum grin

NoDramaForThisLlama Thu 31-Mar-16 18:59:11

I bought some seam free knickers from primark... They are so comfy. Got them in the sportswear section. Wouldn't wear anything else to the gym these days!

molyholy Thu 31-Mar-16 19:05:31

Big, hip hugging knickers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now