To be annoyed at this thing some men do

(9 Posts)
PerettiChelsea Wed 09-Mar-16 22:26:19

Exh has always done it, noticed the dh of a friend doing it today too...
Mock 'cowering' when a woman says they're annoyed. I don't know if I've explained that correctly but for instance at dinner with friend & her dh & my dd said a teacher made her classmate cry today & I said (in jest) well she had better not do that to you or I might make her cry wink
Anyway the dh then sort of went oooo and cowered behind his wife.
Annoys me when exh does it but that may be because he's a pathetic idiot but felt a stab of rage tonight when friends dh did it, why does it annoy me??

TheSinkingFeeling Wed 09-Mar-16 22:45:53

It's just something that people do, like lots of other things that can seem daft when you analyse them. It's hardly a biggie.

WicksEnd Wed 09-Mar-16 22:53:33

I agree. It's a shitty thing to do and the aim of it is humiliation. A man would not do it to another man would they?

RudeElf Wed 09-Mar-16 22:57:04

Is it like the equivalent of saying "oooh i'm shaking in my boots"? As in "dont be a dick, no-ones frightened of you"?

WorraLiberty Wed 09-Mar-16 22:59:41

I was going to say what RudeElf said but couldn't think how to word it.

I do know blokes who do this, but equally as a woman I would probably do it to another woman who had jokingly claimed that they might make a teacher cry.

As in "Don't be a dick. How exactly are you going to make them cry".

someonestolemynick Wed 09-Mar-16 23:00:14

I do that occasionally. I'm a woman.

WorraLiberty Wed 09-Mar-16 23:02:00

A man would not do it to another man would they?

Yes. Normally if the man is claiming to be tough enough to (for example) make someone cry, but he's actually not if that makes sense?

noddingoff Wed 09-Mar-16 23:26:59

I've always seen it more as a - "oooh, look out, hell hath no fury, beware the axe wielding PMT rage, everyone knows bitches be crazy" smug view of women as emotionally unstable. Which is kind of annoying when coming from a member of the gender statistically much more likely to murder a member of the gender they're mocking, rather than the other way round.

PerettiChelsea Thu 10-Mar-16 07:28:06

Haha spot on noddingoff

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now