giving notice

(6 Posts)
sarahjanesarahjane Wed 09-Mar-16 16:56:32

I give private classes and will unfortunately need to give my students notice with immediate effect as I am moving elsewhere. Is this poor form?

Daffodil90 Wed 09-Mar-16 17:05:09

They might not be thrilled but these things happen and needs must. They might be less irritated if you can recommend a couple of alternative tutors?

RB68 Wed 09-Mar-16 17:09:29

yes I would phone a few others tutors to id spaces and have a chat so you can point people in other directions.

Sometimes life gets in the way

NotMeNotYouNotAnyone Wed 09-Mar-16 17:21:46

It's not great but it's unavoidable

Agree that if you can recommend another tutor that would be ideal, at least a list of potential contacts. Make sure the pupils know where they are and what else they need to do, if you can

sarahjanesarahjane Wed 09-Mar-16 17:23:57

Yes I have made sure that the pupils know where they are so handover will be painless hopefully. Unfortunately don't know any other tutors well enough to be able to recommend. I think the parents are aware of other tutors though. I am leaving them with a lot of resources to be worked through if they want to go down the parental supervision route

Penfold007 Wed 09-Mar-16 17:44:55

Yes, it is poor form but it happens. Giving your soon to be ex pupils lots of resources and if possible a list of other teachers is helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now