To wonder if I'm cold and heartless

(8 Posts)
Moomoomango Tue 08-Mar-16 14:18:05

Dh has had a headache on and off for a few weeks now, he's been to the dr and they are sorting out referrals for cluster headaches. He's done nothing in the house for days has withdrawn and been in bed, so I've naturally been doing all the childcare and housework etc. I've been out this morning and told him I'd be back at 2, I returned at 1 as ds needed a nap to find him playing play station. He tells me he's still feeling awful and can't watch ds while I go to the hospital this afternoon and to drop ds round his mums. Aibu to tell him he's obviously feeling better otherwise he wouldn't be up playing games or is this perfectly normal behaviour?

peppercold Tue 08-Mar-16 14:19:28

Cheeky bugger!

TooOldForGlitter Tue 08-Mar-16 14:23:50

I must be cold and heartless too then because that would really grind my gears. He is well enough to play on his play station (how can that be a good idea when you have headaches?) but can't supervise his own child for a couple of hours? I don't think so mate. Leave your son with him and go to your hospital appointment. Don't ask him.

GenerationX2 Tue 08-Mar-16 14:23:59

I'd be really angry too OP, however I also get bad headaches and sometimes I watch TV to try and take my mind off it. I don't play games - but maybe its the same thing.

TooOldForGlitter Tue 08-Mar-16 14:53:51

If the play station is helping him take his mind off it then you'd think that looking after his own son for a couple of hours would be equally as good at taking his mind off it.

cuckoooo Tue 08-Mar-16 15:07:57

No you are not being cold and heartless. The fact that you question it shows you are not.

Your DH is being selectively ill. Just tell him 'welcome to my world - here is DS - BE A PARENT'!!!

LittleBoat Tue 08-Mar-16 15:16:51

I get cluster headaches. They are the most painful things. Feels like being stabbed repeatedly in the head. They are very fleeting and although I can't even speak when I have one it is over in a flash, but they can go 'on and off' over a number of hours or days.

Although I find them horrible and disruptive, I find I can still carry on with daily life. Though, not in a particularly efficient way.

If your dh is able to play computer games, he's able to get up and muddle through.

MartinaJ Tue 08-Mar-16 15:34:30

If he's able to play games, he doesn't have cluster headaches. I get migraines and tbh, even with medication, I certainly wouldn't be able to even go anywhere near a screen with moving pictures and my reactions are so slow, I'd be killed multiple times before I say feck. When it really hits me, despite medication, all I want to do is to lie down on the sofa with a blanket over my head.
He's not only playing games on the computer but also with you. Don't let him get away with that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now