Letting your dog foul on my drive!? Am I AIBU to think you are scum?

(19 Posts)
Bitchrestingface Mon 07-Mar-16 15:52:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

araiba Mon 07-Mar-16 16:01:10

did it shit on your drive or on land near your drive?

TheWitTank Mon 07-Mar-16 16:02:10

No, that's grim. All dog poo should be picked up, be it on a drive, footpath, verge, wherever. It's disgusting.
Is the strip of land actually your drive/land? If it is, then you should have shouted at them to pick it up, or quickly scooped it up yourself it a tissue/bag, chased them down and handed it back preferably poo side open

LifeofI Mon 07-Mar-16 16:06:24

you should of thrown it back at her like this girl did.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4nay84cMqY

Yoksha Mon 07-Mar-16 16:08:45

Vile behaviour that gets responsible dog owners bad press. I'm not a dog owner, but I remember going out for the first time with an ex friend who has 3 dogs. We went to the beach at Lytham. One of her dogs pooed and she just walked on. Several dog owners pulled her up about it politely. She dug her heels in. Just glowered at them. I was like "beam me up Scottie" I don't miss this friend.

Bitchrestingface Mon 07-Mar-16 16:11:39

Bitchrestingface Mon 07-Mar-16 16:13:40

Scaredycat3000 Mon 07-Mar-16 16:14:28

ara What relevance is it to if the dog shit was on the OP's drive, OP's land or public land near the OP's land? Surly all dog shit should be picked up? I assume then if you have a dog you're happy to leave it's shit on public land but no private land, by your logic.

jeavcike Mon 07-Mar-16 16:22:14

There are massive piles of dog poo all around our neighbourhood and it does my head in.

When it snowed last week, ds stepped in some on his way to school because it had been hidden and he didn't see it.

A few weeks ago there was a great pile right outside our garden gate and we had to step over it to avoid treading in it. It was there for 2+ weeks before the council came and cleaned it up.

I feel like sitting just out of view, with a few nappy bags, and pouncing on the inconsiderate owner as soon as they walk off after his/her dog has crapped all over the pavement and giving them a few choice words.

Bitchrestingface Mon 07-Mar-16 16:28:21

BlueEyesAndDarkChocolate Mon 07-Mar-16 17:33:12

I would have shouted from the doorstep at her to pick it up. At least you can look out for her next time.

RitaVinTease Mon 07-Mar-16 17:36:19

Nationwide it is an offence in the UK and you can get an on the spot fine if you dont clear it up. Report them to your local Environmental Health office.
Our local council will DNA test is and the fine is £500. There is very little dog shit on our pavements.

insancerre Mon 07-Mar-16 17:40:20

Yanbu
My neighbours have 3 dogs and 2 cats and they all crap on our drive versus the recorded were too lazy to take them for walks
They just open their front door and let the dogs out at night when we are in bed and because they have no back garden and the front gasrdens are open, they end up on our drive

Dh scoops it up on the spade and chucks it across the road so it lands outside their house

They have no shame

insancerre Mon 07-Mar-16 17:42:40

Yanbu
My neighbours have 3 dogs and 2 cats and they all crap on our drive because the lazy feckers were too lazy to take them for walks
Ffs I hate this kindle, it just types what it wants!

StarkyTheDirewolf Mon 07-Mar-16 17:57:12

It's disgusting, but at least chihuahua poo is small. Somebody keeps letting their dog well, I'm assuming it a dog, by the size of the shit it might be a lion poo on my drive. I'm going to get up super early one day and sit and wait in the upstairs bedroom window with a super soaker.

MymbleMother Mon 07-Mar-16 18:06:01

There should be a website where you can post photos of people letting their dogs crap without picking it up. Like youparklikeacunt.com. I'm sure MN could come up with a good name.

It's disgusting.

Last week I inadvertently put the end of my crutch into a massive dog turd on the pavement near my house. I couldn't bend down to clean it off and obviously couldn't walk it into the house despite needing it to lean on. Luckily I have a second pair in the hallway so could leave crap covered crutch outside for poor DH to clean. I was not happy.

Twats.

Slowlygettingthehangofthings Mon 07-Mar-16 18:23:03

Urgh theres nothing worse. Some dirty fucker does it just outside my drive too. I've lost count of the number of times I've had to clean it off the pram wheels. Its wheelchair users I feel sorry for! Imagine if you got a big lump on the wheels - how would you clean it off?

Bitchrestingface Mon 07-Mar-16 18:24:44

AwkwardSquad Mon 07-Mar-16 18:26:10

It's bloody disgusting and it's getting worse where I live. I've just picked up someone's dog's poo from outside my house for the second time in a couple of weeks. Revolting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now