To return a half filled drink the restaurant are trying to charge me five quid for?

(17 Posts)
Magawamma Sun 06-Mar-16 18:15:59

There's communal tables here.

I don't think I've ever complained before but the waitress and my fellow diners have just looked at me like I've defecated in the fryers.

The waiter told me they use special fruit now and stick to a strict ratio of fruit to glass grin I've been coming here for years - the glass is about a third full and the rest is foam!

Don't people send stuff back in restaurants?

RubbleBubble00 Sun 06-Mar-16 18:20:32

what drink is it?

Wheresthattomoibabber Sun 06-Mar-16 18:21:21

Wagamama?

Sparklycat Sun 06-Mar-16 18:21:52

Is it wagamama? Always full of froth.

Magawamma Sun 06-Mar-16 18:22:26

It's a juiced drink with apples and shizz in it.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sun 06-Mar-16 18:22:27

If it's Wagamamas you are being U. Their freshlynsqueezed juices always come with loads of foam on the top, it's how they come out of the juicer. Have a glass of tap water too if you are thirsty grin

CorporeSarnie Sun 06-Mar-16 18:23:43

The green tea is free in there too

Magawamma Sun 06-Mar-16 18:25:20

I've had it a thousand times
There must've been two apples and some dust in it.

Magawamma Sun 06-Mar-16 18:27:27

This glass was at least a third empty then the foam took up half of what was in there
I've had it LOADS of times- the waiter has come over and told me they've changed the recipe grin ive had green tea AND water!

Bearbehind Sun 06-Mar-16 18:29:52

The scum in the top of those drinks always makes me want to hurl- it's like a sewage station.

Katedotness1963 Sun 06-Mar-16 18:44:09

Complain! I once ordered a mojito and it came in a salt rimmed glass. They tried to tell me it was their "original mojito".... They took it off the bill, and quite rightly, I had one sip and knew it wasn't even rum!!

MadamDeathstare Sun 06-Mar-16 18:52:04

Kate that sounds like they tried to pass a margarita off as a mojito.

expatinscotland Sun 06-Mar-16 19:09:55

Send it back. I had this years and years ago at a TGI Fridays. I ordered a strawberry daquiri. That was pretty much a milkshake. I went back to the bar. 'Another daquiri?' smiled the barman. 'No, I said, a double shot of Bacardi 151. If I'm going to pay that much for a drink, I want to see the alcohol.'

RockUnit Sun 06-Mar-16 19:24:35

YANBU. The so-called "drink" sounds like a pretentious rip-off. Foam isn't a drink.

SoThatHappened Sun 06-Mar-16 19:29:42

Ive only done it once. I ordered a diet coke at a bar and they gave me a small plastic cup, the size you get from water dispensers. They filled it to the brim with ice and squirted a mouthful of coke into it. £2 they said.

I left it on the bar and walked away grin

LilaMFFowler Sun 06-Mar-16 19:56:47

BIL sends drinks back.

Went out with him recently and he ordered a cocktail. Took a sip of his, a sip of his mate's cocktail, decided he preferred his mate's, so sent it back saying he didn't like the way it tasted. I tried it before he sent it back. It was absolutely fine and I would have drunk it had I not been designated driver.

As far as I know they didn't charge him.

I am simultaneously impressed by his nerve and hmm at his attitude. If I order a drink I don't like I just suck it up as experience and then order another wink

nocoolnamesleft Sun 06-Mar-16 20:57:42

Suck it up as experience

Brilliant

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now