RitaVinTease Sun 06-Mar-16 01:02:15

The only track I really like is Chorus smile

AuldYow Sun 06-Mar-16 01:02:24

I bloody love Erasure
Give a little respect toooooo eeee meeeeee

AuldYow Sun 06-Mar-16 01:02:58

Oh sorry YANBU grin

YokoUhOh Sun 06-Mar-16 01:04:08

Vince Clarke is one of our best-ever songwriters/producers, especially if you include all his Depeche Mode and Yazoo work. A true innovator and incredible musician.

LagunaBubbles Sun 06-Mar-16 01:06:34

Love them, seen them loads, favourite tour was the Wild Tour in early 90s. Always put on a good show. O'lamour, Fingers and Thumbs, Victim of Love!

hownottofuckup Sun 06-Mar-16 01:06:43

Soooo underrated. Love them. Almost as much as Showwaddywaddy grin

Bumshkawahwah Sun 06-Mar-16 01:17:41

Definitely NU. I love Erasure and still have them on iPod.

BreakfastAtStephanies Sun 06-Mar-16 01:21:26

Bloody love 'em.

They played my University Student Union in 1986. The lead singer ( Andy Bell ? may be wrong ) was wearing a leather basque and Doc Marten boots. We were all choking on the dry ice.

Shortly after that they had chart success and their venues got bigger.

LineyReborn Sun 06-Mar-16 01:29:03

Respect

Sometimes

the truth is harder than the pain inside

lorelei9 Sun 06-Mar-16 01:29:17

YANBU
so many good songs
One I find some haven't heard is their cover of Lay All Yiur Love on Me which is marvellous

Also love Sometimes, which is probably the first of theirs I heard
Their greatest hits has made many a commute more bearable, but sometimes it seems like it's too good to waste on the commute!

GuiltyPleasure Sun 06-Mar-16 01:29:46

They had moments of excellence & agree Vince Clarke is underrated as a song writer. Drama is my personal favourite, but seeing them live circa 1989 in Birmingham was one of my worst concert experiences, they were terrible

MyFriendsCallMeOh Sun 06-Mar-16 02:02:14

Downloaded an erasure playlist from Apple
Music last week, I love howling along singing to loud music in the car and this fits the bill perfectly.

ToastedOrFresh Sun 06-Mar-16 02:02:19

Erasure. Now that brings back memories. (O how proud I was to be able to turn the cassette tape over with my left hand without ever letting my eyes leave the road. Happy Days.)

I thought they were great. Albeit Pet Shop Boys got the commercial success. Erasure were better than Sparks.

I saw Erasure in concert at the Hammersmith Odeon in July 1992 with my then boyfriend now DH.

Ginkypig Sun 06-Mar-16 02:21:43

I like me a built of erasure

Ginkypig Sun 06-Mar-16 02:21:55

Bit!

TheToys Sun 06-Mar-16 02:27:07

Yanbu. I used to listen to it all the time. In fact this thread ismaking me want to find the CD tomorrow...

I like lots of stuff, e.g. I love to hate you, victim of love, chorus, a little respect, sometimes.....

ToastedOrFresh Sun 06-Mar-16 02:32:41

Yup, TheToys, I agree

I've got, 'give a little respect' going around in my head

PitilessYank Sun 06-Mar-16 02:38:22

Yes! Love Erasure and Depeche Mode. I know the third band as Yaz (I think that was the name in the US?)

Favorite songs:
Erasure: Chains of Love
Depeche Mode: Halo
Yaz: Only You

Anyone else?

TheToys Sun 06-Mar-16 02:39:20

I've got an "I love to hate you" ear worm. ...love and hate, what a beautiful combination, sending shivers up and down my spine...

Ledkr Sun 06-Mar-16 03:11:20

Me too the toys DH bought me the cd at xmas and I literslly knew all the words but didn't realise I did till then 😃

Jibberjabberjooo Sun 06-Mar-16 07:06:01

Stop? Don't think that one has been mentioned yet.

Love Respect, it's going round my head now.

Savagebeauty Sun 06-Mar-16 07:16:12

Love them. And the Communards.

YokoUhOh Sun 06-Mar-16 07:23:52

yank Yazoo were Yaz in the US because of the milkshake and copyright! Yazoo the drink had a different name over here until recently, because of the band...

I love Situation by Yazoo, proper club banger. And New Life by DM. And anything by Erasure but probs Sometimes or A Little Respect are my faves.

IWantToLiveInPawnee Sun 06-Mar-16 07:25:09

Ship of Fools, anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now