About laundry flicking!

(11 Posts)
mangocoveredlamb Fri 04-Mar-16 16:27:36

I know this is trivial but

When I hang the wet laundry out I like to give way item a good flick and hang nearly. I find this reduces (or removes) the need for ironing. When DH hangs the laundry he doesn't do it and the clothes always look terrible and crumpled.

Tell me I'm not the only one!

ShatnersBassoon Fri 04-Mar-16 16:30:26

You know you're not the only one - you didn't invent laundry flicking!

Your DH just doesn't know about it. Show him what to do so his ironing is easier.

waffilyversati1e Fri 04-Mar-16 16:31:08

Nope, watching OH hang stuff on the line makes my teeth itch, he just doesn't do it my way. I have issues lol

MillionToOneChances Fri 04-Mar-16 16:32:32

I'm trying to train DD to flick the laundry properly (DS is in charge of the dishwasher and has learnt most of my foibles).

Felyne Fri 04-Mar-16 16:32:54

I'm a flicker. I find the 'snap' sound some laundry makes rather satisfying.

DamsonInDistress Fri 04-Mar-16 16:34:32

A careful laundry flick combined with attention to how things are hung is the reason why I haven't really ironed properly in over 15 years

ouryve Fri 04-Mar-16 16:34:48

I hate hanging out laundry. The snap sound is the only bit that makes it feel worthwhile!

toots111 Fri 04-Mar-16 16:36:23

Ha, my husband loves the flick and hates how I hang out laundry. So I leave him to it.

SmellySourdough Fri 04-Mar-16 16:36:36

you are not the only one.
dh does his own laundry and ironing... he is slowly getting better at flicking...

ProfGrammaticus Fri 04-Mar-16 16:37:09

You obviously need to snap it. I'm guessing the only reason he doesn't is that you do the ironing?

Karls88 Fri 04-Mar-16 16:39:27

You are definitely not the only one. This annoys me so much but OH just point blank refuses to do it. It's just easier if I hang the washing myself!

I also have an order to hang things in which believe it or not helps it dry better. He refused to do that too and would just throw things on the drying rack willy nilly. Now I only give him jobs that he's capable of doing. Like taking the bin outside on collection day... (I change the bins and store them in the garden til then though!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now