To want to put my freezing hands on the neck of the sleeping man on the train

(237 Posts)
EatShitDerek Thu 03-Mar-16 08:03:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CookieLady Thu 03-Mar-16 08:07:42

Do it. grin

Stylingwax Thu 03-Mar-16 08:09:33

Do it. Quick, so you've got them off by the time he wakes up.

OhShutUpThomas Thu 03-Mar-16 08:09:51

You remind me of my DH. Saw him looking at me weird one day in the kitchen, and he said 'sorry, I just had this incredibly strong urge to dump tackle you.'
'Oh,' says I. 'Probably best not to.'

I wonder if it's a recognised phenomenon? grin

acasualobserver Thu 03-Mar-16 08:21:25

Try really hard not to actually push someone under a train. Posting on MN from prison may not be possible.

You would probably get away with the cold hands/neck thing.

EatShitDerek Thu 03-Mar-16 08:22:04

RonniePickering Thu 03-Mar-16 08:24:43

Derek has just reinforced my vow to never stand close to the platform edge, just in case...

PotOfYoghurt Thu 03-Mar-16 08:29:03

I get one to touch the hair of the person in front of me on the bus. You know- just give their ponytail a tug, or twirl their Afro.

FruStefanOla Thu 03-Mar-16 08:37:35

Pot, that has just reminded me of a thread a few years ago. The OP was in a supermarket queue and the woman in front of her was about the same height as the OP's teenage DD and had her hair in a, slightly messy, ponytail, similar to her DD, so the OP tidied up the woman's ponytail grin

Trills Thu 03-Mar-16 08:39:33

You want to TOUCH a stranger on the train?

I barely want to look at them, or breathe the same air.

MLGs Thu 03-Mar-16 08:41:31

This is obviously good humoured and is very funny as a thought.

Just reminded me of the fact I am trying to teach DD (7) that you absolutely don't go up to someone and poke/prod/ tap them when they are relaxing or distracted just because it's "tempting". In some.ways quite important that we know not to do these things to the unsuspecting.

DragonsToSlayAndWineToDrink Thu 03-Mar-16 08:46:23

If I see a bald patch, I want to bite it blush

Outaboutnowt Thu 03-Mar-16 08:48:39

Fucked up urges - yes I get that! Sometimes when I'm in a car driving somewhere I really want to open the door while were travelling at high speed. Have to sit on my hands sometimes incase I do it. No idea why confused

Natsku Thu 03-Mar-16 08:51:54

I get the same urges. Worst one is when someone is riding their bike towards me - I just want to jump out in front of them and scream.

Natsku Thu 03-Mar-16 08:52:50

Fucked up urges - yes I get that! Sometimes when I'm in a car driving somewhere I really want to open the door while were travelling at high speed. Have to sit on my hands sometimes incase I do it. No idea why

I had that same urge my entire childhood, had to lock the car door to stop myself. Still get it sometimes.

ApocalypseSlough Thu 03-Mar-16 08:53:08

DD and I were talking about this last night. She'd had an earnest PSHE day all day yesterday and had realised if she shouted something rude or even worse racist she could ruin her life in a nanosecond.
I was doing a girls hair up at school (I was a teacher) and realised if I punched her no one would believe her. blush
DD and I resisted our urges. wink

EatShitDerek Thu 03-Mar-16 08:53:31

coughingbean Thu 03-Mar-16 08:57:02

I can't stand too near to a high ledge, I have a strong urge to throw myself off.
Not that I am suicidal at all, just have this overwhelming feeling to jump confused

Natsku Thu 03-Mar-16 08:57:18

I sometimes get the urge to scream at small children too, just to see how scared they get it. I am a horrible person! (So far have resisted the urge though!)

mrshudson221b Thu 03-Mar-16 09:02:00

I get the urge to jump from a window or high building - going up the dome at St Paul's was quite challenge grin. I do seriously worry I might jump from a balcony or something... My Dad is buying a flat with balconies but luckily lives 2000 km away so I won't be tempted that often.

mrshudson221b Thu 03-Mar-16 09:03:24

Sorry coughingbean I had not read your post saying virtually the same thing... I know it is quite a common urge - maybe it's a way of dealing with the fear.

BipBippadotta Thu 03-Mar-16 09:07:05

grin at biting bald spots. I used to want to stick chewing gum in people's hair on trains.

Natsku Thu 03-Mar-16 09:08:05

I get the jumping off a ledge urge too, or I get the urge to throw my phone off the ledge/balcony/bridge into the lake.

Hartofpixie Thu 03-Mar-16 09:09:01

Once at work a handsome Argentinian was holding open a cupboard door for me. I had the urge to sniff his forearm. And I did. And it was so embarrassing and slightly wonderful.

Stuffofawesome Thu 03-Mar-16 09:14:42

It's called the imp of the perverse

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now