To hope my periods aren't going to be like this for ever?

(7 Posts)
MinesaBottle Wed 02-Mar-16 15:17:56

Last week I had a LLETZ to remove CIN3 cells from around the entrance to my cervix. Got my period (on time) just under a week later and it is horrendous!! I've been off work today and yesterday because of unbelievable cramps and bleeding so heavy I'm changing pads every 2 hours.

It seems to be easing off now but Jesus! - someone please tell me it won't be like this every month from now on? I'm normally fairly heavy and crampy anyway but this is in a whole different league. I don't have any infections and seem to be healing ok, luckily.

Greyponcho Wed 02-Mar-16 15:20:08

This is normal. The first one after LETZ is meant to be hellish.
flowers for a speedy recovery

Greyponcho Wed 02-Mar-16 15:21:09

Subsequent ones are meant to return to normal, consult GP if they don't

MinesaBottle Wed 02-Mar-16 15:24:51

Oh I will - no way am I going through this every month! I guess it's because of the procedure but fucking hell, even Solpadeine Max combined with Ponstan has hardly touched it.

Greyponcho Wed 02-Mar-16 17:05:07

Not familiar with ponstan, but naproxen or mefanamic acid are good for period pains (they're the big brothers of ibuprofen, but are prescription only).
Cocodamol, heat pad & comfort food is the other way to go.

MinesaBottle Wed 02-Mar-16 17:40:10

Ponstan is mefenamic acid, it's the brand name in NZ from where my lovely dad brought me a couple of packs (they are over the counter there). Hot water bottle has really helped too smile thanks!

MinesaBottle Wed 02-Mar-16 17:40:52

Dad? I meant dsd, my dad never went to NZ in his life. Damn autocorrect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now