AIBU re. Destruction of kitchen

(8 Posts)
albertcamus Tue 01-Mar-16 10:28:46

Background : moved into new house Dec 2015. Lovely area but v v cold & windy. Decided to upgrade boiler, eventual cost £2250. Kitchen was left as show by fitters of the boiler yesterday. Plastic ducting to left leads to large bodged hole right through front of house which they made in the name of extractor from hob needing to vent away from boiler. Now have perfect storm of two parallel holes in kitchen, high wind, dust & plaster lying around & broken tiles. AIBU to be pissed @ DH who was here 'supervising' and 'didn't notice' the bodgery as he was too busy making them cups of tea ?

OurBlanche Tue 01-Mar-16 10:35:23

Woah! Even the BG blokes didn't leave us in that bad a state.

They didn't hoover up any of the crap they drilled though, unlike the water blokes, who left the kitchen cleaner than it was when they arrived smile

Complain... loudly!

albertcamus Tue 01-Mar-16 10:41:06

I did, OB, as I write ElderBodger has been sent round to deal with the tiles, but we're left with the wind tunnel sad.

OurBlanche Tue 01-Mar-16 10:44:03

That is so bad. Even BG filled the original boiler vent hole when they had to move it. I say even BG as they has a reputation smile

Still, your DH can go to B+Q and buy a tub of the ready mixed 'stuff' and fill the hole himself. That might teach him to pay more attention smile

albertcamus Tue 01-Mar-16 10:45:46

The irony ... We didn't even get a quote from BG due to their rep. Wish we had now angry

eaudeparfumpooie Tue 01-Mar-16 11:45:10

That a serious bad job, so bad I would get the installation checked, and for gods sake do not pay them, until it has been fixed, and checked by someone qualified.

mamas12 Tue 01-Mar-16 11:55:23

Do not pay them until it has all been rectified and safety checked and signed off.
Make such a fuss

albertcamus Tue 01-Mar-16 11:56:33

My thoughts exactly eau
Won't be leaving the fur babies to sleep in the kitchen while it could be a carbon monoxide hazard.
Advanced Bodger is now working towards Level 3 with that foam for hole-filling hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now