to be scared?

(6 Posts)
tripletrouble Mon 29-Feb-16 22:33:15

Went for a routine mammogram screening last week- today they called me back for a diagnostic screening saying there is something they want to investigate. My husband is away, I have no friends or family nearby, I don't want to scare the children- and I am so scared! Please- any comforting words, anyone?

Cutecat78 Mon 29-Feb-16 22:36:25

Hey didn't want to read and run - is your DH contactable?

Don't panic - just deal with facts flowers

JeremyZackHunt Mon 29-Feb-16 22:39:06

I had investigations last year and after my first mammogram they called me back because they had an area they weren't happy about.
I got the all clear but it was a scary time. I was relatively calm about it but lots of friends offered to travel to come with me. Perhaps see if you can get hold of one of the McMillan nurses on the phone tomorrow for a wibble.
flowers

Birdsgottafly Mon 29-Feb-16 22:40:46

I've just had the same thing, went for my re-scan last week.

It was excessive tissue, which is normal as we age.

Out of about twenty of us, there on the day, only one is getting scanned again.

I know it's a massive thing to go through, but my friend has just had her breasts removed and has started treatment for Breast Cancer. This is after going for the routine scan and what prompted me to go for mine.

Caught early enough, it is recoverable.

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Mon 29-Feb-16 22:43:18

Of course it's not unreasonable. I had an abnormal smear 3 years ago. The time between receiving the phone call booking me in for further investigation & getting my results was utterly terrifying. Everything was fine thankfully.

Please don't google!

flowers

tripletrouble Tue 01-Mar-16 02:07:51

Thank you for the kind messages and thoughts! They have helped a lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now