Am I overreacting

(13 Posts)
Dollymixtureyumyum Mon 29-Feb-16 22:18:42

DS has had a few bad coughs and to sooth it we use a humidifier on the advice of a doctor.
He was coughing like mad in bed some hubby said he would clean the humidifier as it has been a while since last use.
Come through to the kitchen to find him cleaning it with Mr muscle kitchen cleaner, I go barmy and grab it off him and have been rinsing it out with hot water for the past half an hour. He can't understand why I think he has been dumb.
It says on the bottle it's an irritant if Inhaled so why the hell would you use it on something that water vapour out in a 2 years olds room. angry

Dollymixtureyumyum Mon 29-Feb-16 22:19:21

Sorry that was meant to be sends water vapour out in a two years olds room

29PaddingtonSt Mon 29-Feb-16 22:21:02

No YANBU at all. There was a story in the news last week about a woman who cleaned her ac unit with bleach. One family member died and others seriously ill.

WorraLiberty Mon 29-Feb-16 22:21:06

Yes you are overreacting.

He just didn't think it through. No harm done though.

Wolfiefan Mon 29-Feb-16 22:22:14

He did a stupid thing but rinsing it for 1/2hour? OTT!

Costacoffeeplease Mon 29-Feb-16 22:23:51

Yes you are over reacting, rinsing it for half an hour

Dollymixtureyumyum Mon 29-Feb-16 22:24:51

I know I am being OTT with the rinsing but just can't get rid of the smell. Any way it's done now and set up

Griphook Mon 29-Feb-16 22:25:43

Yanbu, he didn't think, but he should have he's not a child

Dollymixtureyumyum Mon 29-Feb-16 22:25:44

Also all the little bits in it take ages to clean and rinse off.

ouryve Mon 29-Feb-16 22:29:57

You are over-reacting.

Spray the bottle and inhale the mist, then of course it's an irritant. That's what the warning's there for - so people (hopefully) don't spray it close to their faces.

Wash something with it and rinse it off and wipe it dry and it will not be causing you to inhale irritating concentrated detergent-containing mist.

Fatmomma99 Tue 01-Mar-16 00:16:39

try elevated pillows?

LifeofI Tue 01-Mar-16 03:25:44

Op i dont think you overreacted as better to be safe than sorry but in future all you would have to do is leave hot water in it until its gone cold then run it with a window open for a while then rinse it again. The smell would of come out then.

Katenka Tue 01-Mar-16 06:23:05

I think Yabu. Going barmy and grabbing it off him is really ott.

Rinsing it would have done the job. Why not just say that's not a great thing to do and it needs a good rinse before using.

Every one makes mistakes or does things without thinking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now