Really annoyed!

(6 Posts)
Twinmama12 Mon 29-Feb-16 14:30:16

Hi, this has really annoyed me but I don't know if I'm being silly about it. I have twin boys, born very prematurely at 24 weeks 6 days. Doing great now. they have just had their first birthday and it was huge for us in so many ways, we know how lucky and blessed we are to have these fighters. Anyway, my sister, who has 4 children, did not wish them happy birthday, or get them a present. We have, every year, without fail, always got her children cards and presents for Christmas and Birthday's. These are our first children. Am I being unfair to be annoyed and upset she didn't even bother to call, let alone send a card or present? Thanks!

Greyponcho Mon 29-Feb-16 14:59:04

Did she bother at Christmas?
Maybe give her a call and see if she's not drowning in a shit storm of her own at the moment?

Twinmama12 Mon 29-Feb-16 15:24:42

No, nothing at Christmas and no thank you from her 4 children either. She is fine, she is incredibly selfish / thoughtless generally but this is a new low 😞

MartinaJ Mon 29-Feb-16 15:29:23

You can be annoyed or you can decide to be the better person, send her the obligatory Christmas and birthday cards and other than that exclude her from your life and enjoy it with people who are important to you and for whom you are important. You know the way she is, so why be annoyed? She can't be arsed and you can bet she doesn't even think about you so the whole anger/annoyance/bad feelings are very one-sided.
There's a whole grey zone between Like and Dislike. Put her into that zone and forget.

Twinmama12 Mon 29-Feb-16 15:31:30

Thanks Martina, great advice, you're spot on!

Greyponcho Mon 29-Feb-16 18:55:39

Then screw her!
I'm with Martina too!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now