just asked someone too leave my house. as all they have done is insult my baby!

(341 Posts)
Murphyslaw21 Sun 28-Feb-16 11:18:04

I'm fuming. An old work colleague has moved near to me, we always got on OK although she always had a brush up her arse. Anyway we bumped into each other the other day and I suggested she comes round for a coffee. So our two babies can meet. They are both 9 months.

So she turned up, and was very patronising about my house. It's a bit of building site but lounge is lovly. But I got the oohh you were brave doing that colour scheme. It's duck egg blue. Anyway let it go.

So I'm feeding baby girl and she says oh can't she feed herself. So I said she has finger food but mostly just gets licked and thrown. So I feed her whilst she is playing with finger food. Oh MINE feeds herself. Next it's playing on floor. Mine sits up but falls over if left, colleague says oh MINE has been sitting by herself for at least two months. She is very advanced for her age. Then she has made a comment that it's strange to be in baby gro rather than clothes. So I said but she can roll around and play without it all getting skirted up. Oh MINE just screames if she is a baby gro. She likes clothes. Final straw was I'm making a drink and she says oh arnt her eyes close together. So I said no quiet abruptly. To be told maybe it's just because she has a large head!

I'm livid. So I fly in and said exact words " oh fuvk off. You've done nothing but insult my baby, did u come round just to make you feel that your baby is superior". She then said you never could take criticism,

So I lost it and said ( I feel a bit bad about this because her baby is really cute) take your ugly fucking kid and get out, go bitch to your husband ... Oh no you can't cause he is shacked up with his girlfriend. And no I see why.

Ok I feel a bit mean about ugly baby comment but I was livid. I'm fuming so fuming. There was so many digs and comments. Why why why I would never compare my baby to someone else's and I certainly never been so rude.

phequer Sun 28-Feb-16 11:19:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

neolara Sun 28-Feb-16 11:21:54

Blimey. Yes, she sounds pretty hard work, but you lost any moral high ground the moment you were so horrible about her baby. Calling a baby ugly is a pretty mean thing to do.

MarkRuffaloCrumble Sun 28-Feb-16 11:22:09

Think you mix have lost the moral high ground by calling her baby ugly and bringing up the fact that her husband left her. Before that YWNBU to throw her out!

FlowersAndShit Sun 28-Feb-16 11:22:14

calm down hun x

MarkRuffaloCrumble Sun 28-Feb-16 11:22:20

May not mix!

OttiliaVonBCup Sun 28-Feb-16 11:22:50

Did you really say that?

I was with you until that, I do like a dog duck egg blue, but you do sound a bit, I don't know, intense?

OttiliaVonBCup Sun 28-Feb-16 11:23:17

good duck egg blue, not dog

Deletetheheat Sun 28-Feb-16 11:23:32

Yes this definitely all happened.

lalalalyra Sun 28-Feb-16 11:24:37

You are going to need to get used to this and find ways to deal with it without insulting someone's baby and the fact their husband left them. Some people do this with babies. They compete, about everything, so you need to find yourself some strategies to deal with it.

BrucieTheShark Sun 28-Feb-16 11:24:53

You are going to get flamed but I couldn't help but feel awe and wonder at your reaction. I think she deserved it. However you will be put firmly in your place on here!!!

SirChenjin Sun 28-Feb-16 11:25:23

Wow - that's some Jeremey Kyle barney grin

So - do you think you'll be seeing each other again?

jusdepamplemousse Sun 28-Feb-16 11:26:03

Oh god. Best just try to blank out the whole awful thing I'd say and move on, obviously you never have to see her again. She sounds like a dickhead but it does sound like you also rather lost it...understandable I guess but not ideal.

wine

fakenamefornow Sun 28-Feb-16 11:26:07

Oh dear! Off to search MN for thread about how so called friend just called my baby ugly.

TheWoodenSpoonOfMischief Sun 28-Feb-16 11:26:29

She sounds awful and yes, you admitted you were out of order to call a baby ugly but I imagine you were quite enraged and wanted to make her feel as bad as she'd made you feel.

TheSnowFairy Sun 28-Feb-16 11:26:56

delete are you the OP? Or maybe the work colleague?!

usual Sun 28-Feb-16 11:27:04

oh blimey.

Owllady Sun 28-Feb-16 11:27:35

Are your baby's eyes close together?

Evabeaversprotege Sun 28-Feb-16 11:27:50

Really?

BrienneofQarth Sun 28-Feb-16 11:27:53

And you're comfortable about pointing out her husband left her for another woman? Harsh.

absolutelynotfabulous Sun 28-Feb-16 11:27:54

Sorry but I had to laugh at this! I probably would've said the same thing! And then regretted it.

ilovesooty Sun 28-Feb-16 11:28:37

How did she always have a brush up her arse?

IHaveBrilloHair Sun 28-Feb-16 11:28:40

I really shouldn't laugh, that wasn't a good way to react, but I'm afraid I did laugh anyway

Fugghetaboutit Sun 28-Feb-16 11:29:25

Good for you!! I fucking hate women like that. The ugly baby comment made me laugh. The baby didn't understand, you were angry. Her saying yours had close together eyes and a big head is basically saying yours is ugly too.

mommy2ash Sun 28-Feb-16 11:30:03

It wasn't a good way to react but that woman sounds awful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now