To wish charity shops would order by size not colour?

(11 Posts)
DoBananasWearPajamas Sat 27-Feb-16 15:19:33

I don't know why they've changed, but all the charity shops round here are now sorting by colour now and not by size meaning you have to go through loads of bits to find your size and its really bitty and annoying

EatShitDerek Sat 27-Feb-16 15:24:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PestoSkiissimos Sat 27-Feb-16 15:32:40

If you're that bothered why don't you volunteer in the shop and sort 'em out wink grin

AlpacaLypse Sat 27-Feb-16 15:34:15

The nearest Oxfam does it this way. Really slows me down! And it's pretty overpriced too.

DoBananasWearPajamas Sat 27-Feb-16 15:36:29

No what I mean is that it seems to be the fashion to separate by colour first instead of size, so you have the blues, and then by size, and then the reds and then by size etc

We used to have it by type and then size, and all the 12s tops were together and all the 12s skirts and etc etc . and now it's all the blues together, just so bitty to check the blues, then the reds, whereas I would like it the old way

JeanneDeMontbaston Sat 27-Feb-16 15:37:46

Drives me nuts too. And I did volunteer, and got told to do this by the snooty twit of a manager, who would watch me do it, smirk, and come and rearrange it all while telling me he had an excellent eye for colour and I'd mixed up turquoise and teal again. hmm

It made it look a right bloody mess.

CointreauVersial Sat 27-Feb-16 15:45:02

Ooh yes, this gives me the rage! There is one shop in town which does this (Red Cross, I think) and I rarely go in there - I just can't be bothered to sift through everything.

It makes no sense (other than looking pretty)! If I go charity shopping I want to look at certain types of clothing - maybe I'm after a shirt, or a pair of jeans - and then I want to see what's available in my size.

I don't go into the shop and think "ooh, I fancy buying something pink today." angry

TeenAndTween Sat 27-Feb-16 15:50:44

But it looks nicer by colour though ...

YANBU. Only 2 of our 100,000 shops in our town orders first by size. Those are the only 2 I buy from.

except

Sorting by colour is fantastically useful when your DC need 'something red' or a 'green jumper' for dress up days.

DiamondStuddedFlunkie Sat 27-Feb-16 15:59:07

I think they do it on purpose, so that you have to look at everything in the shop rather than just your size....

dodobookends Sat 27-Feb-16 16:13:19

A charity shop in a town near me colour-codes all their stuff (clothes, shelf of green bric-a-brac, shelf of black handbags etc), but I think they've gone slightly too far now...

They have a huge bookshelf of colour-coded CD's grin

DaphneWhitethigh Sat 27-Feb-16 16:16:52

Logically you're right. But of the 3 charity shops in our street, the one I buy from is the one that colour codes. It just puts me in a mood to buy stuff, whilst a random rack of all sorts ordered by size (and I might be any size from 8 to 14) depresses me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now