to think that he shouldn't be driving

(16 Posts)
CamboricumMinor Sat 27-Feb-16 11:58:30

An acquaintance recently fell off his bike and has had to have two scans on his brain. He wasn't wearing a helmet. He's been told to avoid any exercise because of it. However, he's still driving his car. AIBU to think that he shouldn't be driving?

FuckYouJamieOliver Sat 27-Feb-16 11:59:52

I would assume he shouldn't be driving too

WorraLiberty Sat 27-Feb-16 12:00:20

It doesn't really matter what anyone thinks.

If he's not supposed to be driving, he will have been told by a doctor.

WorraLiberty Sat 27-Feb-16 12:04:40

It doesn't really matter what anyone thinks.

If he's not supposed to be driving, he will have been told by a doctor.

ZiggyFartdust Sat 27-Feb-16 12:04:55

I imagine he is better placed to know whether he should be driving than you are. Wind your neck in.

Sparklingbrook Sat 27-Feb-16 12:07:01

Yes, he will have been told by a HCP what he is and isn't allowed to do after looking at the brain scans presumably. Driving a car isn't exercise.

eurochick Sat 27-Feb-16 12:16:09

Exercise could be about jiggling the brain around inside the skull, so driving wouldn't be affected. No one on here can know what the dr told him!

lanbro Sat 27-Feb-16 12:24:53

My poor DM had a nasty head injury following a cycling accident. 6 months later she's finally back to work full time but she has been driving since a few days afterwards. No advice not to.

CamboricumMinor Sat 27-Feb-16 12:51:45

lanbro sorry to hear about your DM.

CamboricumMinor Sat 27-Feb-16 12:52:05

CamboricumMinor Sat 27-Feb-16 12:53:28

Sorry to hear about your DM lanbro

CamboricumMinor Sat 27-Feb-16 12:58:07

CamboricumMinor Sat 27-Feb-16 12:58:27

tealoveryum Sat 27-Feb-16 14:28:22

You can't tell from someone needing to have an injury or brainscans. He may have been told not to exercise because it's physical things he should avoid, not that he can't concentrate or operate machinery. A doctor would have told him if he can't drive and unless you know that he's been told he can't drive and is still doing so then you don't know if he's behaving poorly or not.

Birdsgottafly Sat 27-Feb-16 14:49:27

My neighbor was randomly attacked, on a night out, 'left for dead', brain/skull injury.

When he got out of hospital, he couldn't do anything physical, but could drive.

He will never fully recover.

Topseyt Sat 27-Feb-16 15:12:19

What has the doctor told him?

it is a decision that is between him and his doctor, I would think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now