to think this is taking the piss?!

(8 Posts)
MyBreadIsEggy Thu 25-Feb-16 08:31:55

To cut a long story short, I've recently moved house (2 weeks ago) and anything that could have possibly gone wrong surrounding the move did go wrong. DH, DD and I have had about 3 days where I can say we were getting settled in, and then some genius at the military housing offices decided that we need a new kitchen. There was absolutely nothing wrong with my old kitchen! But nonetheless, I am having a new kitchen put in.
Guys showed up the other morning at 8am, ripped all the cupboards out and plaster off the walls. I went upstairs to put DD to sleep, and by the time I came down, the workmen had fucked off and left me with no electricity in my kitchen. The plasterer never even showed up. The following day, guy comes in and rips the ceiling down, and the electrician came to sort out all the wiring - no problem!
But, I was assured that the plasterers would definitely be here by 8am this morning, because DD has a doctors appointment at 8:45 that I have to drive a fair way to get to....Lo and behold, it's now 8:30 and they are not here angry I was assured by the project manager Captain Bullshit that the kitchen would be complete by Friday afternoon. Well unless they have a magic wand that will make a complete kitchen appear, that is yet again, not true.
I probably sound like an ungrateful bitch, but what should have been a relatively quick and easy 3 day job, has turned into a week long cluster fuck!!

gamerchick Thu 25-Feb-16 08:37:18

Can you not pin this person down and do the fishwife thing? Its unacceptable you've been left like that.

dontaskdonttell Thu 25-Feb-16 08:40:16

As an army wife I totally feel your pain about the company responsible for looking after our houses!! They are useless.

I'm sorry that this is happening! Can you contact welfare? Or is there a lead person you can speak to?

We're about to have all new Windows and doors... I'm anticipating it all going wrong!!

GloGirl Thu 25-Feb-16 08:51:25

Yes I would also fish wife about having a baby and no area to clean bottles, prepare food etc.

RhiWrites Thu 25-Feb-16 10:50:35

Don't lose your rag but call and keep calling. Stay calm but point out you have a young baby and you need the house functional.

If the project manager can't help then can you ask to speak to someone more senior? In the military there must be some sort of chain of command.

MyBreadIsEggy Thu 25-Feb-16 11:53:39

It's ridiculous. I've just got back from the dr and still no one has been as there's no card through the door, and all the empty houses on my street appear to be getting done!! I'm going to ring them again once DD wakes up.

TheFairyCaravan Thu 25-Feb-16 12:01:03

They took the grab rails out of my adapted wet room to "paint" because they were rusting. We did ask for them to replace them, but that would have been too easy. Four months later, after DH lost his temper numerous times, they came back with new ones!

They "fixed" our backdoor 4 times and each time it was worse than before.

The floor boards on the landing are falling in!

We've no roofing felt in lots of areas of the roof, but there's "no money" to fix it.

Don't talk to me about the mould in all bedrooms and the bathroom.

My kitchen is 4 different types of white cupboards.

And we've had the letter to tell us the rent is going up!

MyBreadIsEggy Thu 25-Feb-16 12:15:18

TheFairy what you've just said does not surprise me in the slightest!
I've just had the project manager round feeding me lines of bullshit about how they have to work to their programme, that's why empty houses are being finished when mine is still a mess.
I completely let go of my self respect for a moment, and lost my temper with him.....and surprise surprise, a plasterer has just knocked on my door hmm coincidence? I think not.
These people just don't seem to have a brain in their skull. They are fannying about fitting kitchens into empty houses when I've got nowhere to properly clean DD's bottles!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now