AIBU to be too scared to leave 02 and go to giffgaff

(11 Posts)
Longstocking2 Wed 24-Feb-16 13:48:44

I hate the faff of having no phone as you swap over and all the hassle but I want to leave 02 on principle, I can't forgive them for a contract I got burnt on! (Probably my fault though)

araiba Wed 24-Feb-16 13:51:27

maybe ask a grownup to help you?

jeebus

GlitterNails Wed 24-Feb-16 13:51:44

Giffgaff are great. You don't get locked in, and have a really good really good monthly prices.

Why it is a faff having no phone? You mean you've always had a phone included on a contract?

Charlesroi Wed 24-Feb-16 13:54:45

GiffGaff use the O2 network so you'll have no reception problems,and you can arrange a transfer of number quite easily. You shouldn't be without a phone for more than a few hours.

Longstocking2 Wed 24-Feb-16 13:55:00

No I just need to get a new handset too and want to go contract free if I can. I love my old iPhone 4 but I need an upgrade I think so am looking at second hand iPhone 5s.
Thanks for the advice.

Cerseirys Wed 24-Feb-16 15:24:13

Hang on another month til the iPhone 5SE comes out. You should then be able to get a brand new 5S for much less then.

MeadowHay Wed 24-Feb-16 15:27:14

YABU, both because you should definitely switch to GiffGaff asap and because you think you "need an upgrade" on your phone. hmm

thecitydoc Wed 24-Feb-16 15:56:54

how old are you? -ask your parents to do it for you

memyselfandaye Wed 24-Feb-16 16:00:41

Wtf? You've got some really twatty responses to a simple question OP

Take Cerseirys advice and ignore the arseholes.

kinkytoes Wed 24-Feb-16 16:03:21

You'll save loads by switching to giffgaff - I did the same after O2 pissed me off. Very satisfying.

Eastpoint Wed 24-Feb-16 16:10:35

I switched to GiffGaff and if anybody wants a code I can give you one which will give you & me a £5 credit. Each time I make a call it tells me how many minutes I've got left. This means I know I can have a cheaper package ('goody bag' in GiffGaff language) next month.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now