Wooo. Spooky? Glitch in the Matrix type thing?

(66 Posts)
MattDillonsPants Wed 24-Feb-16 12:59:38

We've recently moved across the globe with our children. We now live in a country town in Australia. When we were in the UK, I rode a bike with a tagalong on the back...that's a one wheeled bike attachment which a small kid can sit on and pedal...it makes an ordinary bike into a tandem. You can unclip them easily.

Anyway...I still ride my bike but alone because my daughter is now too big for a tagalong...we gave ours away before we moved here.

My neighbour is in his 80s...very delicate seeming old man...when I first met him my DH saw me speaking to him in the street...DH was in the house and glanced out ....when I got in he asked me what he was like I said..."He's very old, a bit dreamy...it's like he's half in the other world already." which was a bit of a fanciful thing to say but it's the impression I got.

Yesterday DH met him for the first time to speak to...DH was cutting down some plants in the front and the neighbour came out with his wife...he chatted to DH about the weather a bit and then said "What's that thing...when your wife rides her bike...what's that contraption on the back...the extra bike?"

THere IS no contraption on my bike any more. It's not even the same bike. My husband was confused for a moment and said "What?" and the old man's wife waved her hand and mouthed "he gets confused" then she said "Maybe he saw it in a dream."

Weird?

It sounds funny but that contraption...my tagalong was such an important part of my daily life for so long...maybe he saw it's ghost? :D

Arfarfanarf Wed 24-Feb-16 13:01:19

he's probably seen someone else with one and thinks it's you.

MattDillonsPants Wed 24-Feb-16 13:05:33

Nooo. Not here. There are no other neighbours and definitely nobody else on a bike!

HoldMeCloserTonyDanza Wed 24-Feb-16 13:08:12

Maybe they were Facebook stalking you and saw an old picture?

boopsy Wed 24-Feb-16 13:09:30

Oooh love this kind of stuff!! Interesting post op maybe he did see the ghost of your younger self or he experienced some kind of time lapse or something.

Vixxfacee Wed 24-Feb-16 13:10:22

80 year old neighbour stalking you on Facebook. Seeks unlikely

OhShutUpThomas Wed 24-Feb-16 13:11:30

Weird!

liz70 Wed 24-Feb-16 13:11:36

Perhaps he did have a vision of you in a previous point in time. You could ask him if he could give a more detailed description; what you wearing etc.

Gabilan Wed 24-Feb-16 13:12:19

Where was the sun? Was it just your shadow following you?

liz70 Wed 24-Feb-16 13:14:27

Aargh! I meant "what you were wearing". Effing touch screen.

MattDillonsPants Wed 24-Feb-16 13:23:17

I highly doubt he's on FB! He's very old and delicate iykwim. Boopsy it was only about a year ago that I rode the bike with the tagalong on it. I wasn't that much younger :D

No pics of me on FB on bike anyway.

Arfarfanarf Wed 24-Feb-16 13:23:20

It doesn't have to be recent. He could have seen it at any time.

MattDillonsPants Wed 24-Feb-16 13:25:11

Arfarfanarf what doesn't have to be recent?

Gabilan Wed 24-Feb-16 13:26:45

Well he could if he's got transglobal vision Arfar. confused

MattDillonsPants Wed 24-Feb-16 13:28:41

Oh I see! Yes, Arf...I never rode the bike with tagalong in this country.

Iggi999 Wed 24-Feb-16 13:30:31

Child has mentioned it to him?

gooseberryroolz Wed 24-Feb-16 13:32:08

Are you expecting us to say 'ah yes, matrix glitch, deffo'? grin

liz70 Wed 24-Feb-16 13:32:38

Visions aren't confined to one country, or world even.

There could be some straightforward explanation, but I'd keep an open mind. More things in heaven and Earth and all that.

BalloonSlayer Wed 24-Feb-16 13:32:45

Um you sure you didn't mention it to him in your first conversation grin

FairiesAreReal Wed 24-Feb-16 13:32:47

Weird! Maybe he is a bit psychic?

Gabilan Wed 24-Feb-16 13:34:32

Nah. It's bikes. They have miffic powers smile

gooseberryroolz Wed 24-Feb-16 13:35:14

It could have been a saddle bag or a streamer thingy or literally anything attached to the bike that he saw.

ouryve Wed 24-Feb-16 13:37:07

Old people can and do use the Internet, you know hmm

CubicZirconiaBossyBabe Wed 24-Feb-16 13:37:40

Planted memory?

One of you might have mentioned it without thinking about it, and now he thinks he remembers seeing it but he is only really remembering the description

liz70 Wed 24-Feb-16 13:40:19

More details needed, I think. Could you talk to him, preferably without his wife around, who may shush him and be dismissive again. Ask for more description if he can, without patronising (which I'm sure you wouldn't) or giving suggestions. He may be able to furnish you with more detail.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now