To say that I'm a big girl that can make her own decisions?

(7 Posts)
LovingLady Tue 23-Feb-16 19:01:43

First things first, I've been kicked out (rightly so) by my partner for some wrong doings, we've completely broken off but perhaps we'll make amends I pray

Since last week, I've been living back with my Mum and Dad in the family home, which also includes 3 younger siblings and my Grandmother. Whenever I come in from work each weekday evening, I get remarks such as "take your dress off before you relax, you'll get it dirty otherwise" or "stop playing with your brother, you'll get yourself in a mess before work".

AIBU to really dislike these comments and find them borderline controlling? I'm not a child. My aunt complains of the same thing as me whenever she visits.

I remember having my first MC and being told what to do about our loss and how to move forward.

Perhaps I just sound like a toddler in a tantrum, shouting 'I want to be a big girl'. But for some reason, I find these things quite annoying since I'm an adult through and through.

What do you think? I think I'm probably being unreasonable, since it's not my house blush

nokidshere Tue 23-Feb-16 19:04:40

They think they are being caring. They are. Even though it drives you mad, only thing to do is move back to a place of your own asap

LovingLady Tue 23-Feb-16 19:07:04

nokidshere I think you're right

Vintage45 Tue 23-Feb-16 19:08:00

I remember having to move back home once for a few month, it drove me bananas. I don't see these comments as controlling either, they're your parents and still see you as their child.

Katenka Tue 23-Feb-16 19:08:10

Find your own place?

It's coming from a place of kindness. Either have a grown up converstation about it, it find your own place.

NotMeNotYouNotAnyone Tue 23-Feb-16 19:08:51

They mean well. It's annoying yes but you're their child and you're living with them so short of moving out again you've not got much chiice

LovingLady Tue 23-Feb-16 19:09:47

I've spoken about it to them and they can't see what I possibly mean... Then again, my Grandmother treats my uncle just the same at home!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now