to feel exploited?

(6 Posts)
theangrygingerpixie Mon 22-Feb-16 19:58:36

I feel like I am being treated very badly at work. I have been there for a year and always liked it before, but recently some people in management have left.
This has left me being 'told' I have to work 40 hours a week on a 15 hour contract. At first, I did it to 'help out' and because I was hoping for a promotion. Now I have found out that the promotion was given to a teenager half my age who has hardly any experience, yet I am still expected to work over my contract week in week out and show my new 'manager' how to do her job, the job I was doing for three months with no extra money.
I was planning on leaving soon anyway, firstly because the job is in retail and is getting boring, and I'm also newly pregnant ( they dont know) and want to be a sahm if this pregnancy works out.

Aibu to be furious that I was overlooked for a promotion for no good reason, and also to be sick of working over contract constantly? I feel taken advantage of.

Hissy Mon 22-Feb-16 20:22:03

Leave. It's that simple.

What a horrible place. sad for you love.

theangrygingerpixie Mon 22-Feb-16 21:34:54

I badly want to. I'm praying this baby makes it so I can justify myself.

newmumwithquestions Mon 22-Feb-16 22:04:30

Have you been there long enough to qualify for maternity pay? If so stay long enough for them to have to pay you. Then leave. I normally would never advocate playing the system like this but they haven't treated you well. Yanbu.

missymayhemsmum Tue 23-Feb-16 23:27:55

Ask for a full time contract so that is what your maternity pay is based on.

Fatmomma99 Wed 24-Feb-16 00:01:46

I would say "leave" but I'm thinking about your rights under maternity law - look into that before you make any decisions.

And, congratulations flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now