to be really impressed that Noobylola has managed to take over Trending

(10 Posts)
Maryz Wed 17-Feb-16 16:27:04

and that this confirms that the way they pick threads for Most Active Trending is bonkers?

ffs [sigh][grumpy]

LilacSpunkMonkey Wed 17-Feb-16 16:28:42

I'm mightily impressed that they now have two threads in AIBU dedicated to them!

LOCK THE SODDING THREADS AFTER A CERTAIN PERIOD, HQ.

It's not rocket science.

Sorry for the hijack, Maryz. grin

jamhot Wed 17-Feb-16 16:28:44

YANBU.

It's not worth being grumpy about though. Have some chocolate.

bibbitybobbityyhat Wed 17-Feb-16 16:31:35

I don't think they pick threads for Trending do they? Its done by a bot and they have no control over it.

I seriously doubt HQ really think its a good idea for their most "Trending" threads to include titles like "Oh my fucking God I'm going to get a 12" vibrator and go medieaval on his arse" but I have seen this happen quite a lot lately grin.

OurBlanche Wed 17-Feb-16 16:33:31

grin I smirked when I noticed that

MitzyLeFrouf Wed 17-Feb-16 16:41:53

All the trending threads are the ones resurrected by her!

WilLiAmHerschel Wed 17-Feb-16 16:44:18

I don't see trending on my phone but just for fun, I've read nearly all the zombie threads she resurrected. I'm not well and it's kept me entertained. Meanwhile dd has been kept entertained with cbeebies and JUNK FOOD.

MitzyLeFrouf Wed 17-Feb-16 16:45:11

Uh oh, now she'll probably appear in your kitchen as a hologram and chastise you for such awful parenting.

Maryz Wed 17-Feb-16 16:46:05

It's because Trending isn't Most Active any more.

Instead of choosing the threads that have the most posts on them, as they used to in the past, they now, for some unknown and ridiculous reason;, take posts that are clicked on so that the advertisers are happy even if no-one has posted.

[narky]

Maryz Wed 17-Feb-16 17:06:05

I didn't see jamhot's thread I was too busy reading about McDonalds 6 years ago

I shall go over and apologise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now