To be annoyed at dh?

(9 Posts)
MsJamieFraser Wed 17-Feb-16 11:43:25

Ds1 birthday today and we are having a football party for him and a sleep over with his football team on Saturday.

Dh has a course in the "morning" (football coaching) and is going to try and get out of the coaching course for a hour to manage his team, (another coach has been drafted in if this isn't possible).

We play at one set of pitches, which dh course is being teached at, so our game has been moved to another village as the course leaders need the pitches for the course.

I text all the parents what time to meet at Ds's party venue which dh and his best mate are doing the entertainment. Dh booked the venue! and time!

Today I said what's the plans for Saturday with the game and Ds's party as remember you have to pick X Y and Z up at X time.

Dh starts swearing and putting his head in his hands, then said he completely forgot that his course was an all day event 8-5pm

Ds party starts at 2.

I've went off it, at no point in the past 4 weeks has he said it was an all day event, just that he needed to get a hour off to coach his game. The course is a 8 week course.

He booked the bloody thing told me the times that he had booked and everything.

Apparently I'm being Ur for being a bitch to him... Apparently he said he will sort it, by either moving the party to the Sunday if we can, or cancel the course which has cost us XXXX amount!

Furious, AIBU to be barking mad at him?

Narp Wed 17-Feb-16 11:47:53

Let him rant and don't say a word. He knows he's in the wrong and needs to sort it out.

If he has called you a bitch more than once and regularly takes his frustration about things going wrong out on you then you have bigger problems.

MyKingdomForBrie Wed 17-Feb-16 11:49:22

Can the best mate not draft someone else in? Another friend? Your dad, dh dad?

MsJamieFraser Wed 17-Feb-16 12:04:45

He hasn't called me a bitch (I've called me that) however he has called me out on my madness at him, which Tbf is not too bad just my tone to him when I am speaking to him.

There is no one else to help, we are trying to make our football club into a chartered club, so a lot of our friends are busy doing things with this or are working, dh dad is working, my dad is dead, there is only dh best mate and he won't be able to cope with 16 10 year old boys.

He has emailed the course leader and is hoping he can someone get away early.

angry

HereIAm20 Wed 17-Feb-16 12:41:53

How old is DS1? If they are older then one of them can take it in turns to be referee. If younger why can't you referee? Why does it have to be a man that comes to run the football party? I am not being flippant. I really don't understand why you can't do it.

EastMidsMummy Wed 17-Feb-16 12:45:33

Texted.

MsJamieFraser Wed 17-Feb-16 14:32:13

I can't do it, as I will be at home making 12 camp beds, and getting the party food organised, we have 12 10 year old boys staying overnight, and also I have ds2 to look after.

I also have ds1 to run around after getting to and from his football match, which takes me up to 1.30pm and I will 1hr to get everything organised, we can't do it the night before also, as I am working till 9pm. And also we don't get all the beds till 10am on the Saturday as I have to pick some up from a mates house.

Everything was organised till dh dropped this bombshell.

Waiting on the venue to call is back, dh has had a reply to say he can finish early on the course and they will just email him whats he's missed, but only as a last resort.

CalleighDoodle Wed 17-Feb-16 14:37:56

The last reaort sounds like the only option tbh. We have a calander. Everyone has a column. If things are not put on the calendar then people dont get to do it. inwould simply tell him again what he needs to do on the day and leave him to sort it.

MsJamieFraser Wed 17-Feb-16 15:13:08

We have calander also, his just says footie course, I knew he had the course however did my know it was an all day one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now