To have bought the wrong zip up fleece

(13 Posts)
Pericombobulations Mon 15-Feb-16 21:40:15

I bought DS a fleece this morning, was mildly annoyed as it cost more than the rail price but the staff member pointed out it had been put back on the wrong rail.

Its only now its in the wash (after DS's friend split drink on it already) that I also remembered that DS complained the zip was on the wrong side, that I now realise its a ladies fleece not a mans.

Is a 12 year old going to realise or are any of his friends that he has a ladies top now I cant return it. Blooming paid £55 for it too!

Oldraver Mon 15-Feb-16 22:15:45

You paid what for a fleece ? Is it gold lined ?

winewolfhowls Mon 15-Feb-16 22:59:40

Will it fit you?

MadamDeathstare Mon 15-Feb-16 23:04:10

If the children notice tell them it was made for the Australian market and that the zip is on the other side in the same way water spins a different way when it goes down a plug hole on the other side of the world. I am not sure if water does spin the other way in Australia, but I'm fairly certain most 12 year olds won't know either.

SnuffleGruntSnorter Mon 15-Feb-16 23:04:12

There's no way he'll ever notice unless it says "extra long to prevent frozen fanny" on the label. Or similar.

roachslayer Tue 16-Feb-16 00:04:20

"Am I being unreasonable to have bought the wrong zip up fleece"

what does that even mean? confused

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Tue 16-Feb-16 00:14:05

The last one I got ds was £2. In the charity bargain bucket.

Still had the north face label on!

IdaJones Tue 16-Feb-16 00:16:36

That's a shame. I'd like to offer you my most enthusiastic contrafibularities. wink

SnuffleGruntSnorter Tue 16-Feb-16 00:29:58

I thought you'd gone mad for a second Ida. Then i re-re-read and noticed grin. My anaspeptic apologies.

Balletgirlmum Tue 16-Feb-16 00:37:41

My ds would notice that it zipped up the wrong way but he does have aspergers & it would feel the wrong way round.

Dd wouldn't have noticed as she has worn unisex school fleeces in the past that zip up the boys way.

Pericombobulations Tue 16-Feb-16 01:28:35

Thanks everyone, I am embarrassed and horrified at the cost, I had promised ds a new fleece and that's all we could find in our little town. Sadly it doesn't have a hope in fitting me without serious liposuction, however now it's dried I can see the label clearly says men's, and some googling shows North Face do indeed put their zip the wrong way in male fleeces. So learn something new every day.

And lol at those with the Blackadder quotes

goddessofsmallthings Tue 16-Feb-16 02:27:13

The label says women's? It's amazing what those little fabric markers Raleigh brought back from the New World can do. smile

LaughingHyena Tue 16-Feb-16 09:59:22

Sound like its a fleace which can zip into a waterproof. They usually have the zip on the opposite side, and the waterproof has the zip on the "right" side.

Even if not you could always tell him that if it helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now