To be glad that Daniel Craig has resigned as Bond?

(466 Posts)
Yseulte Mon 15-Feb-16 19:58:48

He's a great actor, and he made ace Bond. But - Bond is not blonde. Fact.

Roll on Aidan Turner.

expatinscotland Mon 15-Feb-16 20:03:28

'Bond is not blonde.'

Fuck, I was hoping Idris Elba would be the next Bond. He's not blond, either.

Katenka Mon 15-Feb-16 20:05:45

I would love Idris Elba to be the next Bond!

Personally I think Daniel Craig did a great job as Bond. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though I think the 'bond shouldn't be blonde' argument is a bit weak.

toffeeboffin Mon 15-Feb-16 20:07:25

DC is so not Bond.

Bond is tall, dark, handsome.

DC is attractive, but he does look like a rough hod-carrier from Blackburn.

Roll on Jon Hamm!!!

BYOSnowman Mon 15-Feb-16 20:07:41

I didn't think he made a great bond. He had some good scripts but I don't rate him as an actor and he isn't my type either!

I can't think of any of the touted candidates I wouldn't prefer tbh

Yseulte Mon 15-Feb-16 20:08:04

Idris Elba would make a great Bond. Who else?

Buttons23 Mon 15-Feb-16 20:09:10

I don't get that, if Daniel Craig was a great bond which he was then it shows it doesn't matter that he was not blond.

I am glad he is resigning too though, I didn't enjoy Spectre as much as the others and I would welcome some one new and their spin on it.

Another one that thinks Idris Elba

Sparklycat Mon 15-Feb-16 20:09:13

Nope, I heard an interview with him after the latest one and he just whinged about being Bond all the way through. So ungrateful! I'm sure plenty of other actors would have been overjoyed to be Bond.

SaucyJack Mon 15-Feb-16 20:09:33

Shoulda been Clive Owen.

He's a bit long in the tooth now, mind.

Yseulte Mon 15-Feb-16 20:10:00

My mum has a thing for Hamm, but he's American.

I could sit through a couple of hours of Henry Cavill.

BYOSnowman Mon 15-Feb-16 20:10:35

I heard talk of them moving back to the sixties for the new bond films. In that case idris Elba wouldn't work so well and you would need someone more 'retro' handsome

If they keep it in the current day I think they could have an actor of any race as long as he meets the criteria of handsome and suave! And not too young. Has to be at least 30 if not 40!

ThickAsPigShit Mon 15-Feb-16 20:11:21

Blondes ok just not 'wooden can't act his way out of a paper bag' Craig, uurgh those awful little sticky out ears too.
James Norton. Ooh Pleeeease James Norton.

Yseulte Mon 15-Feb-16 20:11:55

Clive Owen has a funny run. I noticed in The Chancer.

But he should be in everything.

iklboo Mon 15-Feb-16 20:13:34

Daniel Craig looks like someone's drawn Sid James' face on a scrotum.

PuppyMonkey Mon 15-Feb-16 20:13:51

I don't like Bond films but I think it should be a woman.

Or is that Doctor Who?

Yseulte Mon 15-Feb-16 20:14:24

No that's King Lear.

AMouseLivedinaWindMill Mon 15-Feb-16 20:14:54

I dont care about his care colour in fact when I always felt let down by him as bond it was the essence that lacked for me, the hair colour never ever crossed my mind.

The man said he would rather - cut his own wrists than be bond again" and I think this showed in his acting of the role.

you need a simmering tantalizing man, with a captivating smile and depth and dark thoughts, we need Aiden Turner, Micehal fassbender..someone like them...

agree sparkly what a career honor to be bond, wasted on him, wasted!

sorry not getting Irdis AT ALL confused

BYOSnowman Mon 15-Feb-16 20:15:19

In the opening scene of spectre when he is wearing the skeleton suit - he had a funny wiggle to his walk

Terribleknitter Mon 15-Feb-16 20:16:24

I thought he was hot as Bond and I don't even like Bond that much! Aid the hair every time he kissed a woman in Spectre I got Fanny gallops blush
I'd love to see Sean Pertwee as Bond but o suspect he might be a bit older than fans would like.

Terribleknitter Mon 15-Feb-16 20:16:56

Sod the hair. Bad typing sorry!

WhenSheWasBadSheWasHorrid Mon 15-Feb-16 20:18:13

I liked him, but I think it's time for a new bond.

Would love Idris Elba or possibly Aidan Turner (good choice op).

CurlyhairedAssassin Mon 15-Feb-16 20:18:13

I don't get why Idris Elba is flavour of the month really. He's a fairly talented actor. Quite good looking. But he's not posh enough for Bond.

AMouseLivedinaWindMill Mon 15-Feb-16 20:18:25

I must admit I enjoyed spectre far more than his other turns as bond, spectre seemed like the format of the older bonds, the other recent ones have just been an action film.

nah not sean pertwee!

Moln Mon 15-Feb-16 20:18:40

Well I did think Idris, but then I discover Aidan at Christmas. Changed my mind pretty quick I can tell you. Phwarh <swoon>. Iris can still be in Bond, still like him though not too impressed with real life behaviour I got told about today; tell me nothing about Aidan please

I think Daniel was a brilliant Bond. No matter how blond.

CurlyhairedAssassin Mon 15-Feb-16 20:18:50

Forgot to say, Aidan Turner would fit the bill nicely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now