To think this isn't funny?

(21 Posts)
imwithspud Mon 15-Feb-16 17:01:47

Man Pretends to Propose to Girlfriend

Or am I lacking a sense of humour? I just think it's a bit cruel really. Loads of people seem to see the funny side though.

Avpixie27 Mon 15-Feb-16 17:05:01

I thought it was a bit distasteful but funny tbh. Its something my partner would do and id kill him but laugh eventually

Room101isWhereIUsedToLive Mon 15-Feb-16 17:05:42

That is a horrible and cruel thing to do to someone you are meant to love.

ChristmasZombie Mon 15-Feb-16 17:07:34

I think it's mean.

Avpixie27 Mon 15-Feb-16 17:12:59

People do it all the time. Its not like hes proposed and then said "only joking" he says clearly he loves her and stuff then said "will you make me a cuppa?"

imwithspud Mon 15-Feb-16 17:14:24

I think if my dp did this to me I could possibly see the funny side eventually... I'd definitely not be okay with him putting it online so everyone else could laugh at my expense.

I think that's what doesn't sit right with me, the fact that it's been put online for her to be made into a public laughing stock.

lacktoastandtolerance Mon 15-Feb-16 18:28:12

He is a disrespectful wanker who clearly hasn't paused for a second to consider her feelings. In MN parlance, he's told her who he is: hopefully she'll listen.

Maudofallhopefulness Mon 15-Feb-16 18:34:20

Looks like a set up. Who wears that kind of outfit? She looks like a model cast by the newspaper.

LineyReborn Mon 15-Feb-16 18:35:40

I assumed it was a fake, ie a set-up.

Avpixie27 Mon 15-Feb-16 19:22:10

I dont see why people are ranting about it, its a prank. Theres worse videos out there about cheaters and pranks gone bad. This guy asked his gf to make him a cuppa on one knee. Its just a joke. If this was a girl fake proposing no one would care

LineyReborn Mon 15-Feb-16 19:23:14

Do you think the girlfriend was in on it?

Buzzardbird Mon 15-Feb-16 19:27:25

When she is sat on the sofa at the beginning and he is holding the ring box, she would have been able to see the ring box with her peripheral vision. Also if she wasn't in on it I don't think she would have allowed him to post it on-line? Could be wrong.

expatinscotland Mon 15-Feb-16 19:34:26

I assumed it was fake.

imwithspud Mon 15-Feb-16 22:54:03

I dunno Buzzard I have often completely ignored/missed dp doing something whilst I'm sitting right next to him if there's something I'm engrossed in on the tv or mn and vice versa.

I guess it could be a fake though, who knows.

ticket123 Mon 15-Feb-16 23:38:40

This guy pranks his girlfriend all the time. Dozens of videos of the pair of them

I don't believe a word

Monty27 Mon 15-Feb-16 23:50:10

I haven't opened the link, I'm assuming its the one on facebook where he brings her a box with a teabag in it?

(I thinks she wearing a short woolly onesie)

Well you would just go and pack your bags if it was real life. Wouldn't you??? confused

TendonQueen Mon 15-Feb-16 23:52:50

If it's real, he's a tosser and she's an idiot for putting up with him. If it's a faked prank, they both need to get lives or proper jobs or something, as do the people who find it hilarious.

passmethewineplease Tue 16-Feb-16 00:19:04

They have their own Facebook thing going on...

Facebook brads dad. hmm

He basically takes the piss out of her then uploads it for everyone to do the same.

passmethewineplease Tue 16-Feb-16 00:20:31

She doesn't seem to be overly bothered by it. I think they prank eachother though tbf haven't seen many of her doing the pranking.

She said she knows she dumb and doesn't care, I think she's smarter than she lets on.

MyKingdomForBrie Tue 16-Feb-16 00:25:03

That's vile.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Tue 16-Feb-16 00:26:06

I don't think it's a bit funny. Not only is it cruel, but it's also public humiliation.
I'm afraid that would be it for me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now