No title change or payrise after promotion!

(7 Posts)
Takenbysurprise Mon 15-Feb-16 16:25:12

I'll keep this short. In June, I took on my managers work when she resigned. I have not been given a payrise or a title change. My manager is "trying to get this approved" (ie my request that my job is recoded) but she is yet to get back to me (she is based overseas). Can I refuse to do all the additional work - there is obviously loads?

PoisonedPriestess Mon 15-Feb-16 16:36:46

Urg this is tricky.

Do you want the new job or responsibilities? If yes then you may have to grin and bear it until they can make it official. That said, be ready to have to formally apply for the new role once they get their arses in gear.

wasonthelist Mon 15-Feb-16 16:39:53

You can do whatever you like, the results will very much depend on who you're working for and with, and may or may not be inline with emlloyment law and common practise.

CrystalSkull Mon 15-Feb-16 18:16:03

I'm in an almost identical situation. I got a higher paying job elsewhere and quit. My boss was gutted and started trying to negotiate! If it bothers you, start looking elsewhere.

sooperdooper Mon 15-Feb-16 18:20:36

Have you got a HR department you can speak to rather than your manager?

Takenbysurprise Mon 15-Feb-16 20:41:59

Thanks for your replies. The joke is that I AM in HR so know full well that they shouldn't be doing this. Try telling my manager this!!

Belleende Mon 15-Feb-16 20:45:49

Give a time limit. Say ok happy to have done this up to now I get things take time, now feel you are taking the piss. When you do get round to pay rise I expect it be be backdated to 1st Feb.
Then start looking elsewhere

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now