first AIBU for AGES!

(78 Posts)
MrsDeVere Fri 12-Feb-16 20:23:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Vintage45 Fri 12-Feb-16 20:29:21

Was there anywhere on the site that you had to specifically request this or was it just a statement and a given?

Eminybob Fri 12-Feb-16 20:31:38

Yes I had Argos delivery drivers who refused to take a whole solid wood bedroom furniture set upstairs when I answered the door quite obviously pregnant with no one else in the house. They told me they weren't allowed.
I did complain and got a measely £20 voucher. I am lucky that I do have an able bodied DP that could take it upstairs but they didn't bloody know that.

They are fucking lazy tossers.

MrsDeVere Fri 12-Feb-16 20:33:40

ImperialBlether Fri 12-Feb-16 20:34:07

Get yourself onto Twitter and shame them. Shame on them to take the money for room delivery and then not deliver.

pickmeupputmedown Fri 12-Feb-16 20:34:39

If they specifically offered a 'to room' service, I would insist on them sending someone out tomorrow to do what they promised.

Had similar situation with bedroom furniture delivery (not Argos) who arrived when my teenage DD was at home and they did not offer to take upstairs. I did not get off the phone until they agreed to send someone back to do it.

Sirzy Fri 12-Feb-16 20:35:17

I only had to read as far as "argos" to know you aren't being unreasonable.

They have awful customer service and just don't seem to care

Sparklingbrook Fri 12-Feb-16 20:36:43

YANBU I would want to know the reason too.

I had reason to use the Argos live Chat thingy last month. I remember the tone was both patronising and borderline sarky. angry

Buzzardbird Fri 12-Feb-16 20:36:58

YANBU. We were told it's to do with how many steps the poor lambs have to climb.

MrsDeVere Fri 12-Feb-16 20:37:23

Quoteunquote Fri 12-Feb-16 20:37:59

It would be interesting to know if they have ever delivered a mattress to an upstairs bedroom, ask MN.

Contact trading standards and report false advertising.

Twitter and do they have a FB page link this thread to both.

Terrible service, were there two people delivering?

goodnightdarthvader1 Fri 12-Feb-16 20:39:52

Basically that means "they can refuse if they're feeling lazy". YANBU.

MrsDeVere Fri 12-Feb-16 20:40:03

MrsDeVere Fri 12-Feb-16 20:41:04

Vintage45 Fri 12-Feb-16 20:41:18

A company should never offer this service if they aren't going to honour it. I do however feel sorry for delivery drivers these days.

Arkhamasylum Fri 12-Feb-16 20:43:27

It sounds like a misuse of the delivery guy's discretion. If they have problems carrying mattresses upstairs, they should say so in their T&C's. Not everyone lives on a bungalow. The fact that it was a matter of necessity, rather than convenience makes it even worse.

I would do some shouting on Twitter. Big companies don't like having their shitty service discussed in public.

Arkhamasylum Fri 12-Feb-16 20:45:41

In. Not everyone lives IN a bungalow. If you lived ON a bungalow, he might have had a point. grin

Sirzy Fri 12-Feb-16 20:46:50

ark having read their Facebook page which is basically one long complaint I don't think Argos actually care!

itshappenedagain Fri 12-Feb-16 20:47:17

If it states online that they have a to room delivery then they haven't fulfilled your order so are breaching trading standards by false advertising.
I would site there website on their chat page.
We had the same issue with my dgm and bed delivery, she is 92! Left a full double bed and mattress in the hallway. I called them and said if it wasn't moved upstairs I would contact trading standards, drivers arrived back in 20 mins. They apparently asked my dgm if it was ok to leave it there... She may be stubborn but she knows her limit!

gandalf456 Fri 12-Feb-16 20:50:03

I've never heard of any company not delivering a mattress upstairs . Lazy shit bag is in the wrong job

acasualobserver Fri 12-Feb-16 20:54:51

In the case of a mattress, 'delivery to room' does rather suggest that the item will be taken to a bedroom. It cannot be a revelation to Argos that many people's bedrooms are upstairs. Keep complaining!

MrsDeVere Fri 12-Feb-16 21:00:00

Vintage45 Fri 12-Feb-16 21:04:23

So do I MrsDeVere.

Large organisations seem to state that these things will be done but when the worker is probably being paid minimum wage or less then this is what happens.

The company is totally at fault here.

MrsDeVere Fri 12-Feb-16 21:12:43

Iggi999 Fri 12-Feb-16 21:16:58

It's false advertising as you may have chosen this bed over one from another company, on the basis of the to-room delivery. And then you didn't get it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now