to take some time out

(6 Posts)
buildingafootieteam Tue 09-Feb-16 11:39:56

Life with 3 dc under 4 has taken its toll and I've been hit with a shitty virus that I can't clear. Ds3 doesn't sleep so the lack of sleep doesn't help. House is up in a heap and this week is the first week I'm not running and racing coz ds1 had an op last Friday and is off preschool for 10 days to 2 weeks. I just need some time out, light the fire and sit on the couch while the dc play and fight around me. Is this really so bad as a mammy. Both mil and dm have asked me did I get loads done yesterday with all my 'free' time. Both know how under the weather I am at the moment. AIBU to just rest and do the bare minimum to get myself better again? I'm beginning to feel lazy with other people reactions

VimFuego101 Tue 09-Feb-16 11:41:35

I hope you laughed in their faces when they mentioned your 'free time'.

Baressentials Tue 09-Feb-16 12:12:16

I hope you took to your bed with a laptop, takeaway menu and a kettle and teabags and told them to enjoy their free time with the 3dc and you expect the house to be spotless when you come back downstairs in 2 days time.

Is there a DP/H? Can he ask them what the fuck they are going on about to back off?

buildingafootieteam Tue 09-Feb-16 12:54:33

Oh I wish bare but it was on the phone they've been at this. Dh is fully under his mother's spell told a completely different thing by mil to what she says to me. When she phoned him she said I didn't seem quite myself and was I struggling a bit. To be get off your lazy arse and clean (might be a paraphrase)

Baressentials Tue 09-Feb-16 13:24:40

DH needs to get out from under her spell.

Why the hell would you feel like yourself? 3dc under 4? And ill? I take my hat off to you (I have 4dc but more spread out) And running and racing too?

Seriously when you are feeling stronger you need to be strong and argue/fight/defend your corner. If your mil, dm and dh are like this now it will only get worse unless you never get run down or ill again

If mil thinks you are struggling what is she doing to help? If you thought one of your dc was struggling would you and dh leave them to it yet still find the time to criticize them. Of course you wouldn't.

Come on lovey, anyone that can have 3 under 4, train and race (being nosey but what kind of training/racing?) is far more motivated than me so if you think you need a break then you need a fecking break.

flowers

Baressentials Tue 09-Feb-16 13:25:51

If mil *and dm think you are struggling

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now